Something that MB can learn from other manufacturers...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rayny

Car
BMW (E84) X1 18d MSport SDrive
MB Keys have buttons that are the same size - Having locked my car, I sometimes used to accidentally unlock it when putting my keys in my pocket.

Honda keys have different sized buttons - A large one for locking the car, and a smaller indented one for unlocking the car.

I still miss the smoothness and quiet of the V6 though.

Last edited:
How about going in for a spare part, having to give your name at the reception, sitting in the waiting area until somebody can be bothered to come and see you, wait for them to go and get the part required then have you go to another desk to create the receipt and take payment. Have them go away and get your change if it's a cash transaction.

Why don't the dealerships realise that the spare parts department is no more than a bloody shop ?

MB Keys have buttons that are the same size - Having locked my car, I sometimes used to accidentally unlock it when putting my keys in my pocket.

Honda keys have different sized buttons - A large one for locking the car, and a smaller indented one for unlocking the car.

I still miss the smoothness and quiet of the V6 though.

Not sure how a bigger button will stop you "accidentally" unlocking it.

And anyway..... you need keys? ;)

Happytalk73 said:
You ok Steve?

Fine Ant :)

Have a BMW loaner at the minute, I've had to have my pockets enlarged to keep the key , it's big with really small buttons , can't see why it needs to be so big.

Have a BMW loaner at the minute, I've had to have my pockets enlarged to keep the key , it's big with really small buttons , can't see why it needs to be so big.

I have to say one of my annoyances with my new BMW is its keyless and there is nowhere to put the key in the car except the cup holder. My previous E90 with comfort access you could still slot the key into the dash.

My loaner hasn't got the comfort access ,so I can't see the point of the start/stop button when you still have to get the key out of your pocket to open/close it. Another thing I'm having trouble getting used to is the radio staying on , can't remember how long for, until you actually lock the car, I don't usually lock the car in the garage.

...Having locked my car, I sometimes used to accidentally unlock it when putting my keys in my pocket...

If you press the 'unlock' button on the fob, and then you do not actually open any door, the car will automatically lock itself after 30 seconds. This is how it is with Mercs but it is also very common with other marques, and aimed precisely at situations where the 'unlock' button is accidentally pressed (e.g. when the fob is placed in a pocket or handbag).

My loaner hasn't got the comfort access ,so I can't see the point of the start/stop button when you still have to get the key out of your pocket to open/close it. Another thing I'm having trouble getting used to is the radio staying on , can't remember how long for, until you actually lock the car, I don't usually lock the car in the garage.

Ah yes if you click the stop button then click it again it switches all off. If your foot is on clutch or brake (if auto) it will restart engine though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom