sommat me and a friend was talkign about earlier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

samuelellis

Car
rover 218 diesel k reg (want a merc but cant afford)
me and a freind were talking cars as his dad just bought a fully loaded lexus and ai said how come you didnt get a mercedies?

he said there too common now

what do you reccon, do you think the fact that mercs now appear in every rnb or hip hop vidoe as da bling mobile for da mad pimp to go flexin in and the car warehouse places anyone any car they could want for 50p a day for the rest of there lives has hurt mercedies image?

i personally think it has and like a merc has become more of a status symbol than a good drivers car

what are yout thoughts (and dont say its friday nite i should be out gettign drunk, i dont go out)

You could argue they are common.

However - do you want a 10 year old fully loaded well-cared for merc for £3k or a 10 year old anonymous Ford/Vauxhall/etc ......

No brainer every time.

I would say our cars are more looked after than the average motor on the street - therefore as a result - run longer - therefore looks like there's loads on the road.

As for the recent/current models - I can't say I've noticed a particular increase.

K

… common?

If you want 'common' try Germany, Umpteen Thousand E Class Taxis can't be wrong!

A Mercedes may be common but I think Lexus's (or is it Lexii), tend to be a bit vulgar, just check out the number with the gold plated badge/trim option… yuck!

It's noticible that the Japanese Yakuza drive big black Mercs, not Lexus's, the Japs know class when they see it.

As a friend of mine put it rather nicely "Lexus… A Mercedes for people who can't afford a real one".

I generally find the only people who call a Mercedes common are either (1) people who don't have one, or (2) people who can't afford one.

Andy

vito113 said:
I generally find the only people who call a Mercedes common are either (1) people who don't have one, or (2) people who can't afford one.

Andy
BINGO :) hehehehe :bannana: :D :D :bannana:

I used to love saying I drove a Lexus (very Alan Partridge I know) far more than I do saying a Mercedes. They really are great cars, totally reliable and with all the options fitted as standard. They are becoming very common now too, and most of the range are looking dated. They outsell Mercedes and BMW in the US.

Kinky said:
I would say our cars are more looked after than the average motor on the street - therefore as a result - run longer - therefore looks like there's loads on the road.

K
On a serious note I tend to agree. Being the owner of a so called old Merc I lavish more attention to that than I have done to any other newer vehicle that I have owned. I get a sense of well being when behind the wheel. I also notice other people looking at it, brings on a nice rosey feeling and makes me smile. Its not a status symbol but a way of life. I rest my case. ;)

vito113 said:

Andy

damn i fall into both catagorys

unfair :(

Simon said:
I think you mean a popular choice.
Depends on if it's silver or not.

Silver is common
Colour is the intelligent choice.

K

[grabshiscoatandrunsandtakesmrwalkerwithhimbeforehesayssomethingtoo]

Kinky said:

Silver is common

K

Well lets see how you get on giving your beloved a necklace made of solid green or blue for Valentines day...........no thats because Silver is by its very nature precious and appreciated by those that know quality :D :D :D

lotusmark2 said:
Well lets see how you get on giving your beloved a necklace made of solid green or blue for Valentines day...........no thats because Silver is by its very nature precious and appreciated by those that know quality :D :D :D
Well done Mark - very true:D I'd much rather have a SILVER MB than a blue necklace any day:D - this year got to make do with some very stylish red lillies;) :D

As for the serious subject - MB's are very popular around here, so are BMWs and Porsche, see some Lexus' but not that many. Although they are a nice car - apparently, they are still just a posh rebadged Toyota.

Most of the MB's in this area are SILVER too so it goes to show, the more discerning go for class everytime:D

Kinky said:

Silver is common

K

At 3.40am:eek: :eek::eek:

Intelligent folk were tucked up in bed - I have come to a conclusion....You are half hamster:D :D or an insomniac - and this in your defence perhaps goes some way to understanding your lack of colour appreciation:D

pammy said:
At 3.40am:eek: :eek::eek:

Intelligent folk were tucked up in bed - I have come to a conclusion....You are half hamster:D :D or an insomniac - and this in your defence perhaps goes some way to understanding your lack of colour appreciation:D

7:40 in the morning on the weekend most intelligent would be in bed!

Mark and Pammy - you're so shallow and fickle :rolleyes: We all know that Gold is far superior to Silver. And of course Gold is a wonderful colour - unlike shiney grey :p

As for posting at silly times of the morning .... so of us work you know.

Then again - some of us fall asleep on the sofa and wake up at silly times of the morning.

Needless to say - I'm not saying which of the above I fall into ..... ;)

K

Last edited:
Have to agree with Mr.Walker on this one, I just bought a 9 year year old E280 W124, it's been really well looked after and I intend to do like wise. It's my first Mercedes and I'm well pleased. I've had company cars since 1987, just changed jobs which did not provide a car, so looked at newer Jappy cars, you know, Accords. Primera, Galant etc... they all look the same.I then thought something a bit older, more stylish, more luxurious and just as reliable- what u gonna choose/ - a merc, £4.5k for a top class motor that turns heads makes you feel great and as reliable as you like. No contest.

sportyreptile said:
Have to agree with Mr.Walker on this one, I just bought a 9 year year old E280 W124, it's been really well looked after and I intend to do like wise. It's my first Mercedes and I'm well pleased. I've had company cars since 1987, just changed jobs which did not provide a car, so looked at newer Jappy cars, you know, Accords. Primera, Galant etc... they all look the same.I then thought something a bit older, more stylish, more luxurious and just as reliable- what u gonna choose/ - a merc, £4.5k for a top class motor that turns heads makes you feel great and as reliable as you like. No contest.
You'll do for me :D :D :bannana: :bannana:

Ian B Walker said:
You'll do for me :D :D :bannana: :bannana:

We aim to please.

it's just that I'm driving around like the cat that got the cream. :D

No chance to get that diamondbrite on yet, been showers all weekend, did give it a once over with Zymol car shampoo tho' - quite shiny. I can do better though, just need a completely dry day......... :rolleyes:

sportyreptile said:
it's just that I'm driving around like the cat that got the cream. :D
Just try selecting "S" on the gearbox and floor it. Warning, hold on tight :D :D

Yeah tried that one a few times, :D :D

the speedo needles' rate of movement is only matched by the fuel gauges. I generally just "waft" around with it set to E - but sometimes :devil: flick to S and WHOOSH.......££££££........sh*t......120mph.

Anyhow, poor old samuel is probably going green (NOT SILVER) with all this self indulgence, honestly Sam, save yer pennies and go for it.

i could afford to buy the car

its the insurance (4 grand for 3rd party on a k reg diesel rover) that i cant stomach

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom