Songs Ruined by Movies...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Am I the only person who gets some songs ruined (or complemented in some cases) by movies?

Example; I can't hear the ride of the valkyrie anymore without expecting the noise of choppers... and southern accents complementing each other...

Or Tchaikovsky's Overture 1812 without expecting to hear a giant explosion...

Anyone else? What songs?
M.

Or Tchaikovsky's Overture 1812 without expecting to hear a giant explosion...

You're supposed to - big explosions are written into the score of the 1812 :D

I was under the impression that Tchaikovsky wrote cannon shots into his 1812 overture... something about the French invasion of Russia...

Cannon shots and high-grade explosives are distinctly different :p

M.

I was under the impression that Tchaikovsky wrote cannon shots into his 1812 overture... something about the French invasion of Russia...

Cannon shots and high-grade explosives are distinctly different :p

M.

It celebrates the French (Napoleon) retreat from Russia in 1812. Something to do with a bit of snowy weather...what could be the problem?

Not ruined, but 'Born to be Wild' is just THE right song to start Easy Rider.

'You've lost that lovin' feeling' and 'Great balls of fire' - every time I hear either I can't get scenes from the idiot film Top Gun out of my head. Mind you the entire movie plays like an extended pop video..

Adverts have wrecked far more songs than films though.

Ade

'You've lost that lovin' feeling' and 'Great balls of fire' - every time I hear either I can't get scenes from the idiot film Top Gun out of my head. Mind you the entire movie plays like an extended pop video..

Adverts have wrecked far more songs than films though.

Ade

I agree

Everyones a fruit and nutcase
Tchaikovsky: Dance of the Reed Flutes (The Nutcraker)

Fantasia was ruined by all that rubbish music.

Adverts: that one for a burnt loaf of bread has ruined Barbers Adagio for Strings

should be a law against the use of well-known music in TV Ads!

see i like some of the things movies have done to songs.. for instance i can't listen to things like run through the jungle by ccr or paint it black by the stones without thinking of a chopper flying low over vietnam packed full of americans...

but then i love those films so it's good

little green bag brings up imagery of slow walking guys in suits with glasses and lets not get into the imagery stuck in the middle brings up.

whenever i hear the piano exit to layla i just see mobsters turning up dead.

although bryan adams singing everything i do in the forest was an awful song done in an awful movie.

Slightly off topic, but............

I can't listen to Bucks Fizz "making your mind up" without getting the urge to rip someone's skirt off.

I'm going to Scotland for Hogmanay... let's hope they don't play it there.........

Am I the only person who gets some songs ruined (or complemented in some cases) by movies?

I look at it slightly differently. Movies cause new works to be commissioned that end up standing apart in their own right.

Eg. from the likes of John Williams, Ron Goodwin, Roy Budd, Jerome Moss, Elmer Bernstein, James Horner, Mark Isham, and others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom