Songs that are better live

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I saw The Moody Blues live back in the day - and they were not very good at all! Their music very much needed a studio IMHO

What a great performance - far better than studio IMO. :):)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We saw Dire Straits at the London Hippodrome a couple of years ago. Such a tiny intimate venue, the atmosphere was great. Afterwards in the piano bar, some smooth vocals from Shane Hampsheir to end the evening.

... Also saw the Who at Ashton Gate , Bristol in 2006 . Their rendition of Won`t get fooled again was the highlight of the show , and a much played track on my live cd recording from that night.Full marks to Zak Starkey for a great performance, and dare i say it, almost as good as Keith Moon...

The Who at Liverpool Echo Arena were terrific. Full credit to Zak Starkey. We also enjoyed Dolly Parton and Paul Heaton / Jackie Abbott at the same venue, and had a few beers with the sound crew at our hotel bar afterwards.

Our next outing will be to see Peter Noone (Herman, from the Hermits) at Liverpool Philharmonic Hall. So many hits, it comes as quite a shock to find out that Tom Jones was once their support act!

We saw Dire Straits at the London Hippodrome a couple of years ago. Such a tiny intimate venue, the atmosphere was great. Afterwards in the piano bar, some smooth vocals from Shane Hampsheir to end the evening.

The Who at Liverpool Echo Arena were terrific. Full credit to Zak Starkey. We also enjoyed Dolly Parton and Paul Heaton / Jackie Abbott at the same venue, and had a few beers with the sound crew at our hotel bar afterwards.

Our next outing will be to see Peter Noone (Herman, from the Hermits) at Liverpool Philharmonic Hall. So many hits, it comes as quite a shock to find out that Tom Jones was once their support act!
We booked to see The Who again in dec 2014. It was postponed due to Roger Daltrey being ill. Finally rescheduled for march 2015 , and again a great show . This year we went to see The Rolling Stones in Cardiff . Fantastic performance from Mick Jagger strutting his stuff on the stage for almost 2 hours , with only short respite during a couple of solos from Keith . Could not believe how MJ ran/skipped along the stage , amazing energy. I was knackered by the time I got upstairs to my seat!

Disturbed,the sound of silence

Disturbed,the sound of silence
I have not seen Disturbed live, but the live Youtube version is so much better than the Studio version.
For those who are unfamiliar with " Disturbed ", I append " The Sound of Silence " below for your enjoyment.

Steve.

Not as good as the original line up with Eric Stewart as lead singer.

In what way, it isn't a perfect reproduction, but the skill required to bring you that is very much in exces of the original which was a studio production both visually and with the studio release music over dubbed...?

My feeling was the producers of the later version wanted to show they could do it genuinely live better than the original, and I think they nailed it - even if it isn't note perfect.

Simon & Garfunkel Sounds of Silence at The Concert in Central Park!

I had one reason and one reason only for wanting to see the “New Jersey Turnpike” in New York.

Simon & Garfunkel. “Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike”.

That song still gives me fabulous memories and thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Voila!

^ What a pity Peter Green is playing practically no part in this rendition. Just relegated to a role of a backing musician.
I really don't see how this is better than the original in any shape or form?:dk:

He might be playing the part he wants to play...?

If you don't see it then close your eyes and let your ears do the talking?

See if you can pick the common thread.

Twin guitars playing the same lead at the same time. ONLY the greats did it. Green has you fooled matey he is doing it so good you think he's a bit part = the sign of a genuis at work. FWIW he has control, you can HEAR that at the beginning where has has the freedom to play right over the top.

Last edited:
He might be playing the part he wants to play...?

If you don't see it then close your eyes and let your ears do the talking?

I've listened to both. I'm listening to the original right now.
Peter Green is a shell of a man now due to his heavy substance use in the 70's.
I doubt he can even remember much of the music he once played. A once great musician reduced to playing back up.
I'm sure he'd play the lead if he could.

He is playing lead, it is a twin guitar piece, he has the lead - if he wants it...

I like the sharpness and fresh sound from the later one, pity I haven't got it all...

I'd never noticed the dude with the lips makes Jagger look like a learner.

You be the judge....

Just can't even begin to compare the two IMO.
What an awesome soulful band Free were. Takes me back to great times when a beautiful girl bought me the single "Alright Now".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom