Sonos rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So you can't bluetooth your phone to your TV and then just listen to music / watch video from there?
I've just had a quick try at pairing them, but they don't seem to want to play with each other. The hangover has kicked in, and I can't be ****d wading through set up menus, but I'll persevere. I'll probably end up sorting something in youtube, or I might even look at streaming services, but I don't play music too much these days, especially if I have to increase my blood pressure to do so!

I've just had a quick try at pairing them, but they don't seem to want to play with each other. The hangover has kicked in, and I can't be ****d wading through set up menus, but I'll persevere. I'll probably end up sorting something in youtube, or I might even look at streaming services, but I don't play music too much these days, especially if I have to increase my blood pressure to do so!
It's at precisely this point I'd be reaching for the 'Birmingham Screwdriver' 🔨

It's at precisely this point I'd be reaching for the 'Birmingham Screwdriver' 🔨
I'm saving it for the email I'll be sending to Sonos tomorrow!

I've had a chat with Sonos this morning, and it seems that recent Android updates have made file sharing with other devices difficult. This isn't a problem with Apple (of course!), as you can stream your music through Airplay.

A solution, for anyone else interested, would be to buy a cheaper, bluetooth enabled Sonos product such as a Roam, which would then transmit the signal to others in the set up. I've also had a look at the newly installed Sonos app on my laptop, where you can link your music folder to the app, so I'm getting there!

I've also had a look at the newly installed Sonos app on my laptop, where you can link your music folder to the app, so I'm getting there!
I suspect this will be the easiest (and certainly the cheapest) solution for you. Just define the path to your music folder(s) as the Sonos Music Library, and away you go.

If you don't want to have to fire up your laptop to listen to your music, you could add a cheap single-disk NAS to your router and use that to store your mp3 and other music files.

Reactions: MD5
Thanks again, Phil. I'll have a proper go at pairing my phone and tv via bluetooth at some point. I've done it with other sets, but I wonder how much Android is at play here, because things don't seem as simple and as intuitive as they used to be. Life was so much simpler when I had a 4 speed record player!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom