Sony Memory Sticks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
Dear all - what are the chances of posting a new thread the second the forum goes for an upgrade? Well I did it:eek: , and I'll put my paranoia aside and convince myself it's not a conspiracy and post it again:D

Does anyone have any views on the better stick/value for money of Lexar against genuine Sony. I bought a Sony TRV 33E digi camcorder recently and want to buy a new stick. Don't believe in wasting money on brands if not necessary:D Also, with the exception of the usual suspects like Ebay and Amazon, where's best to buy from, does any forum member have an interest;)

Pammy,

Have a look at this site. http://www.valuemedia.co.uk/
I have used them several times and they have always been cheap and efficient.
I don't know about the manufacturer Lexar you are talking about but most of the ones I use seem to be as good as the main manufacturers.

Marcos

Lexar are 100% Sony compatible

Hi Pammy,

Go with the Lexar ones. They are electronically identical and are licensed from Sony anyway so save the pennies. I've been using Lexar and Sony ones for over a year now without any issues, only the label is different.

Most of the computer places do them pretty cheap now. I bought mine from Jessops.

Andy

Last edited:
vito113 said:
Hi Pammy,

Go with the Lexar ones. They are electronically identical and are licensed from Sony anyway so save the pennies. I've been using Lexar and Sony ones for over a year now without any issues, only the label is different.

Andy

I have both and have seen no difference. :rock: Only the Price. :rock:

I have a what appears now to be old hat 2.1 mill, sony camera, when bought I also purchased a Lexar 64mb stick additional for it. In three years of reasonable use including taking it out of the camera using the floppy adapter , dropping the case etc.. it has never failed in anyway, they must be getting cheap now aswell.

Were to buy?

Did a quick search on Kelkoo Pammy, and Dabs Direct come up pretty reasonably priced. www.dabs.com

Andy

Thanks guys - Lexar it is

woo hoo - top prize to Roy at the mo for finding the cheapest:D 128mb @ £32.89 - free P & P:bannana: my kinda guy:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom