Sony Vaio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldcro

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range Rover Sport 3.0 HSE
It's not my week. Earlier my Sony Vaio laptop's battery failed so it's only useable when connected to the mains. A quick check on the Sony website said a replacement battery was £139 which means the laptop has cost me £92 a year to run since buying it. There was no mention of high running costs on their website when I bought it though.
The annoying part is that a quick check on the internet listed dozens of people in the same predicament. So a known fault which Sony is not interested in. Thanks Sony.:mad:

Have a look if there is a part number on the battery pack and google it, you may be pleasantly surprised.

You will most likely have to remove the battery from the laptop to find it.

Give Ebay a try,many sellers on there with batteries and postage from Hong Kong is only a few days.I am sure you will be very pleased with prices on there.

Thanks for all the replies. What really cheesed me off is that I have power tools with lithium ion batteries which have lasted for years with much more use than the Sony laptop. I suspect Sony are building down to a price rather than putting quality first. Going to search macbooks and see what problems they have as i'm reluctant to buy even much cheaper batteries for the Sony now. Not much use as the battery just stopped working without any warning.

Can you PM me the Model Number of your Sony Laptop, also the Battery Part Number.
I may be able to help you.

I would argue that, under the sales of goods act, products have to be fit for purpose and suitable quality.. etc etc and less than 2 years use is not good enough! I really think if you argued this with them and filed a small claims court claim they would settle.

Can you PM me the Model Number of your Sony Laptop, also the Battery Part Number.
I may be able to help you.

Thanks for offering your help Stan, but I now just use the laptop at home so do not need battery. While usefull I can manage quite well without the battery and not sure I would trust the laptop not to fail again due to a sudden battery failure.

Being retired it was a luxury item rather than a work essential so the loss is minor, just that it annoyed me that Sony could sell such poor batteries.

Thanks again.

oldcro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom