Soon to be a c350e driver, with a bit of luck...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dodgy

Car
C350e
Hi all,

After ordering my C350e in early October, I've waited patiently while the initial deliver estimate of February passed, then the second estimate of April passed. I now approaching the third estimate of June, without a lot of confidence that the car will arrive.

Looking on the bright side, hopefully the glitches will have been ironed out and by all accounts it's going to be a fantastic car.

Going to be interesting to see how the whole economy thing goes. My last three cars could do 60mpg on a long run and there's no way this one will. And the C350e is twice as powerful and 25% quicker to 60mph than the last one. I can't imagine a haptic pedal stopping me from getting a regular reminder how that feels.

Plugging in is going to be the only way to get respectable economy and that's going to be a whole different experience. It would be interesting to hear what people do at home and on the road.

I ordered mine in November 15 and I expect to take delivery in June. If you haven't already looked, there are threads on here with loads of information on driving styles, charging at home etc. I have a charging point at home.

Last edited:
I charge at work from a tethered charger, it takes no more than 10 seconds to plug / unplug the car and about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to charge so in no issue.
I also have a fuel card so dont bother charging at home.
You are right not to expect high MPG. The range is shockingly low so it doesn't take long until your engine kicks in.
You will love the car it is a piece of engineering excellence that delivers high performance with high comfort.

I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait. Post some pics when you get it.

Welcome to the forum.

Ant.

I took delivery of my c350e at the end of March.
To be fair, fuel economy was never really a consideration when I made the purchase, but here's my figures for some cars doing a journey from north Kent to Middlesbrough.......

Merc c250 cdi coupe (2012) trip computer showed about 58mpg & I used well below half a tank for 286 miles

Merc c320cdi saloon (2006) trip computer regularly shows about 46+mpg & I use below half a tank for 286 miles

Porsche Boxster S (2000) haven't got a clue on mpg, but it's not often I can make it without having to refuel on the way :dk: :devil:

In all of the above cars, it would be fair to say, I 'wasn't hanging around'...... & unfortunately I received a 3 star award of merit from Bedfordshire, Cambridge & Hertfordshire police for my efforts on my last journey......damn that 320 is nearly silent at speed.....

Now, to my new 2016 c350e.... Currently about 1800 miles on the clock, I drove it like an oap on a Sunday morning picnic, adhered to all of the requirements of the Highway Code (cruise control set to the relevant limits etc) & used virtually a full tank with the trip computer showing a fuel usage of less than 36mpg :doh:

On the plus side, it's nice to drive :D

Enjoy your new car mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom