Soon to be a c63s Owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xobi9

Car
BMW X5 M50D
Soon to be a c63s owner, I’ll be going from a BMW X5 M50d to the c63, for all the owners what is it like to drive during the winter?

That's a big change, Personally I would've kept the X5 but that's only because it fits my work needs and I prefer a bit of comfort now.

What's the reason for change?

That's a big change, Personally I would've kept the X5 but that's only because it fits my work needs and I prefer a bit of comfort now.

What's the reason for change?

I just fancied a change and something to have a bit fun with, the X5 has been great, I’m just worried I’ll not be able to use it day in day out (c63) when the winter comes

Is the reason for the change because it's much faster? I can understand that, but personally, I'd have kept the X5 for the winter and sold it in the spring.

I did the last two winters in my C63, one with summer tyres and one with winters.

From my experience if you get a set of winters you'll have no issues with the C63, in fact I would think it'll be as good as your X5 on summers, however you still have to remember that the loud pedal goes two ways and 510hp through the rears will break traction even in the dry.

RR

PS I wouldn't have minded a trip to Locomotion on the 6th, but I'm away on holiday as usual......enjoy the day.

Welcome to the forum.

Have you seen this thread regarding a coffee meet we have arranged at Shildon Locomotion on Saturday 6th Oct. Why don't you pop down and discuss your winter driving concerns.
How soon is it before you get your C63s?
Don't worry if you don't have it by then, you can always come in something else, we won't judge ;).

MBClub Meeting, Shildon, County Durham, Saturday 6th October 2018
Thanks for the invite, I’ll struggle to make it as I’m a glorified taxi driver on Saturdays ferrying the kids all over to various football matches!

Plus I’m not rocking up in mrs’s Peugeot 3008

I did the last two winters in my C63, one with summer tyres and one with winters.

From my experience if you get a set of winters you'll have no issues with the C63, in fact I would think it'll be as good as your X5 on summers, however you still have to remember that the loud pedal goes two ways and 510hp through the rears will break traction even in the dry.

RR

PS I wouldn't have minded a trip to Locomotion on the 6th, but I'm away on holiday as usual......enjoy the day.

I think I would definitely buy some winters, the dealer recommended it but I didn’t know whether it would make a difference at all.

I used winters on my e63 last winter, and they were excellent, allowing me to safety drive in a foot of snow. Personally I think anyone driving a RWD 500+ bhp in the winter on summers are crazy, but I know many here will disagree.

Another benefit is not needing a separate, poorly handling suv for the winter. Never buying a suv ever again!

Get the winter tyres, it's a no brainer. I had some problems in my C43 with all wheel drive last winter on summer tyres. The C63s has a lot more power, you wouldn't want anything to go wrong in it.

Thanks for the invite, I’ll struggle to make it as I’m a glorified taxi driver on Saturdays ferrying the kids all over to various football matches!

Plus I’m not rocking up in mrs’s Peugeot 3008

Sorry, I missed this. You are more than welcome to come in your wife’s bus if you find the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom