Soon to be EQC owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CoopsSA

Car
EQC400 - Spectral Blue
Just ordered a new EQC AMG Line in Spectral Blue as a replacement company car - entire company switching to EVs.

All been done through the lease company and being quoted February 2022 for estimated delivery.

Home charger and change of electric supplier next on the list to sort :)

Hello and welcome .

You ordering a EQC as a company car carries pretty much zero financial risk to yourself . this is where (in my opinion) these types of vehicles will remain for some considerable time

5 months before you it gets delivered ? Please keep us informed . 👍

Hello and welcome .

You ordering a EQC as a company car carries pretty much zero financial risk to yourself . this is where (in my opinion) these types of vehicles will remain for some considerable time

5 months before you it gets delivered ? Please keep us informed . 👍

Indeed, the company is making the bold move to switch all the car fleet over to EV (where practicable), and this includes early terminating cars where necessary. I had a choice of 11 models and the EQC was the best mix for my lifestyle. I did have one for 6 days which really swung it for me.

Got an email from my dealer this morning - car is in and I need to arrange delivery.

Ordered 10th August in MB systems, so that's just over 4 months for delivery.

We are in process of moving house so don't have a home charger installed and won't until we move, which should be very early January.

Have the possibility to charge at one of my sites or I can use the Moto Rugby chargers if necessary.

Excited.

Good Luck with your new car... I do like the look of this model... I also Look forward to hearing if the MB quoted range is affected severely by cold weather... for decades manufacturers quoted unrealistic MPG figures that in no way reflected real world use.... I have an inkling that they might be doing the same to push their full electric models with possibly unattainable real world use range.

Good Luck with your new car... I do like the look of this model... I also Look forward to hearing if the MB quoted range is affected severely by cold weather... for decades manufacturers quoted unrealistic MPG figures that in no way reflected real world use.... I have an inkling that they might be doing the same to push their full electric models with possibly unattainable real world use range.

It is affected by the cold weather (as are all EVs, some more than others). Don't know the impact for sure but I think my colleague is down to 180miles in his EQC. Another in his Audi E-Tron is down to 120 miles recently.

for decades manufacturers quoted unrealistic MPG figures that in no way reflected real world use.... I have an inkling that they might be doing the same to push their full electric models with possibly unattainable real world use range.
Those mpg figures are to allow comparison between cars in identical conditions and not to reflect real world use - your real world use mpg will be completely different to mine and everyone else’s, and it will also vary each journey depending upon traffic, ambient temperature and other factors - you even said it yourself:

Look forward to hearing if the MB quoted range is affected severely by cold weather.

Enjoy! Mate of mine has one of these & loves it. His range has been 200 in winter & about 250 in the summer. He`s pleased with it.

I've had the EQC two weeks today so thought i'd come back and give you my thoughts on it and the EV experience.

First up, it's an absolute pleasure to drive the EQC. It's smooth, quiet and comfortable. It rides quite well despite it being 2.5tonnes in weight, and you sometimes do feel that weight when trying to brake quickly. Seats are well sculptured with plenty of adjustment - manual seat movement forward and reverse but electric lumbar and back angle. Legroom and headroom in the back is good, my lads are nearly 6 foot and found it comfortable. The seats are black leather with a black headlining - very much the same as my Volvo. Night driving is easy with the fantastic multibeam LED headlights which have adaptive highbeam assist plus.

As you'd imagine, there is plenty of technology onboard with effectively 2x 10.25 inch displays - one for instruments and one for media (the latter being touchscreen also). Navigation is good and includes live traffic. You can also activate media (online), bluetooth media, adjust interior lighting, air conditioning settings, charging stations, charging settings etc - the usual stuff. Boot space isn't on par with the Volvo, but it's still good. All the cables go under the boot floor. There is no frunk on the EQC.

Charging - I don't have an EV charger at home just yet (being fitted this Friday) so in the interim i've been charging at one of my sites (7kW) and also using the public network. I knew this before receiving the car as we were moving house so little point having one fitted. Charging at work has been painless - depending on current state of charge it takes 4-6 hours to top up.

The public network has also been ok for me, with the odd slip up here and there. I've been into Moto Rugby on a few occasions with the Gridserve chargers and used Instavolt in the local McDonalds whilst we've been food shopping next door at Aldi! The slip ups with the charging may have been the car - first time was Saturday when the Instavolt couldn't get a connection to the car and wouldn't start charging, despite 2 attempts; and that's despite me charging there previously. Second time was this morning when had a similar problem at Rugby but it worked the second time. The chap in the BMW IX3 (SUV) wsan't having as much luck though and needed to try 4 different chargers before it worked.

Overall I'm really happy with the car. Any downsides? It's hard to get out of - it's got side running boards on and you have to kind of step over them when you get out otherwise you'll get your trousers filthy! The rear number plate also gets caked up really quickly - it's positioned down low and so gets all the road dirt on it. It was unreadable after a week.

I've had the EQC two weeks today so thought i'd come back and give you my thoughts on it and the EV experience.

First up, it's an absolute pleasure to drive the EQC. It's smooth, quiet and comfortable. It rides quite well despite it being 2.5tonnes in weight, and you sometimes do feel that weight when trying to brake quickly. Seats are well sculptured with plenty of adjustment - manual seat movement forward and reverse but electric lumbar and back angle. Legroom and headroom in the back is good, my lads are nearly 6 foot and found it comfortable. The seats are black leather with a black headlining - very much the same as my Volvo. Night driving is easy with the fantastic multibeam LED headlights which have adaptive highbeam assist plus.

As you'd imagine, there is plenty of technology onboard with effectively 2x 10.25 inch displays - one for instruments and one for media (the latter being touchscreen also). Navigation is good and includes live traffic. You can also activate media (online), bluetooth media, adjust interior lighting, air conditioning settings, charging stations, charging settings etc - the usual stuff. Boot space isn't on par with the Volvo, but it's still good. All the cables go under the boot floor. There is no frunk on the EQC.

Charging - I don't have an EV charger at home just yet (being fitted this Friday) so in the interim i've been charging at one of my sites (7kW) and also using the public network. I knew this before receiving the car as we were moving house so little point having one fitted. Charging at work has been painless - depending on current state of charge it takes 4-6 hours to top up.

The public network has also been ok for me, with the odd slip up here and there. I've been into Moto Rugby on a few occasions with the Gridserve chargers and used Instavolt in the local McDonalds whilst we've been food shopping next door at Aldi! The slip ups with the charging may have been the car - first time was Saturday when the Instavolt couldn't get a connection to the car and wouldn't start charging, despite 2 attempts; and that's despite me charging there previously. Second time was this morning when had a similar problem at Rugby but it worked the second time. The chap in the BMW IX3 (SUV) wsan't having as much luck though and needed to try 4 different chargers before it worked.

Overall I'm really happy with the car. Any downsides? It's hard to get out of - it's got side running boards on and you have to kind of step over them when you get out otherwise you'll get your trousers filthy! The rear number plate also gets caked up really quickly - it's positioned down low and so gets all the road dirt on it. It was unreadable after a week.
I've had one for nearly a year now, if you use the paddles on your steering column to alter the regeneration amount this helps the braking significantly, so much so I don't think I will ever need to renew the brake pads :)

Currently, in cold weather and I'm up North, I can get 200 miles in summer 240, I've heard the E-tron dips significantly in winter pleased I went for the EQC in the end, remember how you drive it changes the way it predicts your future mileage.

Attachments

• EQC.jpg
    EQC.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 5
I've had one for nearly a year now, if you use the paddles on your steering column to alter the regeneration amount this helps the braking significantly, so much so I don't think I will ever need to renew the brake pads :)

Currently, in cold weather and I'm up North, I can get 200 miles in summer 240, I've heard the E-tron dips significantly in winter pleased I went for the EQC in the end, remember how you drive it changes the way it predicts your future mileage.

Yes I tend to use ECO mode and AUTO regeneration a lot, regardless of my level of charge. In fact, because the EQC is so smooth to drive I've slowed down. Cruise control at 70-75 a lot of the time, where traffic permits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom