Soon to be new w204 C63 owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heller

Car
bmw e46 M3
Hi all

Im soon to pick up a 63 plate C63 AMG coupe with 31k on the clock. I'm coming from M4 ownership which after 1yr I really haven't gelled with but fell in love the moment I drove the C63. This is the car in question...
Mercedes-Benz C Class 6.3 C63 AMG MCT 2dr

Has anyone any knowledge of this car. It doesn't seem to have Harmon kardon but that doesn't bother me too much. Anything else I should look out for? And is that a decent price? Don't really want to spend 507 money as much I'd like to and I'm very likely to at least remap it. Is a quaife LSD a must if I do? Then do I use MSL/ DMS?
That's KS for the help in advance

I don’t know the car so can’t help you with that one. But I do know the dealer. It’s just up the road from me and I’ve stuck my head in a few times and they’ve always got some pretty high end cars in there.

Price wise I don’t think it’s to sad considering it’s a dealer. Mileage is pretty good and on the low side. If it hasn’t got h/k and your not bothered then again fine. But I would check out what else it hasn’t got before I took the plunge. If it’s a low specced car it might not have a great re sale value.

I’m sure you will get it mapped if you end up with it, to be honest for the money it’s a no brainier with the c63. LSD will depend on how you drive. I personally had to have one with lsd when I was looking to buy and it does make a difference to how the car handles but only if your on a spirited drive if you get my drift?? Haa excuse the pun.

As for who to use. Now that’s easy. I would no doubt use msl. I’ve used them in the past and had nothing but outstanding service from them.

Thanks that's really helpful. I'm not too sure if they have an options sheet so is there a way to plug the vin number somewhere that can tell me what it has/doesn't have?
I've had BMW's/M's for the best part of the last 10/15yrs with the E36, E46 and now f82 variants so am intrigued what the C63 will be like to own/live with.
I imagine fuel, feel and sense of occasion will be the main differences? I run a mini cooper S as a daily so it's like to be a weekend queen like my M4 has been.
If there is anyway to find out the options it was specced with that'd be great.

Thanks

Yeah. Post the vin number up and someone on here will be able to get the options list up.

I also had bm’s before I got the c63. I had e30’s, e36m3, e46m3, e46330 with a charger and a very well sorted e39m5. All I can say is the c63 is completely different. The torque is the most noticeable and it feels like it has more presence on the road. You won’t be able to drive it like you stole it like you would the bm’s, it will put you in the ditch lol. Not as forgiving at all.

Thanks for the response. I think that's not too much of an issue I'm in dire need of something 'different' the M4 never did it for me like the others did so looking forward to being AMG'd :)

I'll get the Vin from the dealer and post it shortly

Thanks for the response. I think that's not too much of an issue I'm in dire need of something 'different' the M4 never did it for me like the others did so looking forward to being AMG'd :)

I'll get the Vin from the dealer and post it shortly
VIN or REGISTRATION we can get the option list from that for you

These are your options on your car

Attachments

• MERC1.JPG
    MERC1.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 33
  • MERC2.JPG
    MERC2.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 31
  • MERC3.JPG
    MERC3.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 33
  • MERC4.JPG
    MERC4.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 31
  • MERC5.JPG
    MERC5.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 32
Looks pretty decent
Only picky but Obsidian black is a nightmare to keep clean, and that paint looks flat. If I were buying it I’d be getting it straight to a detailer to have the paint corrected and protected. To do it well c£750 so I’d factor that into any negotiations
There’s a fairly large mark on the leather between the rear seats too which might need some attention, hard to tell what that is from the pics.....
+1 for MSL, no other place to take an AMG IMO....

Thanks so much. Really appreciate that. How does that compare options wise to what most have? And for that special is the price ok?

It'll definitely be getting a good detail Althea minute I pick it up. I also thought the paint was a bit flat so some work will be needed to bring it back to life.

Any thoughts on tlhow good the options are compared to others would be great.

And anything else in particular I should look out for before I do the deal?

Thanks

Car looks good to me. Check shut lines and if you are going to valet the car, tell them not to bother washing it [factor into price].
Listen out for rattles when you test drive and drive with roof open and closed to see if you find there is a rattle from the panoramic roof.
Easily fixed by treating the runners so not a deal breaker.
I only looked at cars with 19in alloys. Did you test drive any and found you preferred the car on 18in?
The mark on the leather should also come out with a bit of attention so long as not a deep scratch you should be fine.

In your spec, what is this large fuel tank ... i wish i had one on mine

I actually don't know what that is but I hope it means I go longer on full tank haha

I actually prefer the look of the 19's if I'm honest but I think I just have to make due tlwoth what it comes with. Are the 19 multispoke difficult to get hold of? If I can I might change them over. Or do they compromise ride quality drastically?

Oem 19’s are pants. Yes they look better than the 18’s but they’re prone to cracking. I’ve got copies on mine due to original ones cracking. I actually found ones with a better offset than the originals. They’ve been on for around 4/5 years now.

I’ll get some pics when i get chance. I had them done in graphite grey.

Oem 19’s are pants. Yes they look better than the 18’s but they’re prone to cracking. I’ve got copies on mine due to original ones cracking. I actually found ones with a better offset than the originals. They’ve been on for around 4/5 years now.
Can you send a link to those wheels or some details?

Wouldn’t have a clue on details or make. I just ordered them from a company I had dealt with a few times in the past. These have been on the car for 5 years. As you can see I would say they stick a good extra 10mm+ from what the standard ones do. I only noticed this last year after getting a puncture on the way up to msl to have the car dyno’d and having to borrow a rear oem wheel from one of the c63’s acid had in at the time. Comparing oem to mine it looked like I had a front wheel on the back lol.

Attachments

• 70454AC1-107A-4113-8D45-8DF999ADD6D1.jpeg
    70454AC1-107A-4113-8D45-8DF999ADD6D1.jpeg
    1,009.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 80DFB529-814F-4905-A8F1-74CB8F24850A.jpeg
    80DFB529-814F-4905-A8F1-74CB8F24850A.jpeg
    776.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 176EAD8A-E744-403B-A651-EF47D6CB7C2A.jpeg
    176EAD8A-E744-403B-A651-EF47D6CB7C2A.jpeg
    644.2 KB · Views: 27
Lol they look really good. Do you still have the details of where you bought them from? Might be worth checking them out. I pick mine up tomorrow afternoon so will hopefully book some time in with MSL as well

Another question has anyone used DMS for their remap? They claim 535bhp and black series throttle mapping and other goodies but are a good £300more. Does anyone know if you get the same with MSL. I had a word with them but they didn't mention anything about the throttle mapping and said it'll take 6hours!!! Is that Normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom