Sophisticated Climate Control System?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RX450h F-Sport with Takumi Pack 2020
Does anyone know of a car manufacturer having implemented a remote sensor for monitoring skin surface temperature as part of the vehicle's climate control?
I'm sure I read about it somewhere some time back but I'm damned if I can find it now... :dk:

My 2005 Jeep has a “sweet spot” IR sensor that aims at the driver & passenger as well as the more common cabin IR sensor.

My 2005 Jeep has a “sweet spot” IR sensor that aims at the driver & passenger as well as the more common cabin IR sensor.
Any info on how the system integrates the two sensors?

I should add, I was never convinced about how effective it could be TBH Given how small a target it has to “see”, and that said target could be in an area larger than said target I wonder how they could hope to eliminate noise/background from the actual signal they want.

I'm thinking it more a gimmick than a reliable variable to use in climate control.
The Acura uses GPS data to determine the sun position in relation to the car and occupants. MB simply used a four segment 'sun sensor' on the bonnet to achieve the same thing, way back on the early 2000's
Apparently my Lexus uses a three layer 'neural network' to process the various sensor inputs to calculate evaporator temps and air distribution and volume...
My first car had opening front quarter-light windows!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom