Sorely tempted by this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry but what is so special about Xenons? Do they really make that much difference?

I have to say that I did not really like the white light that the xenons gave, anything they hit was illuminated but I just felt the peripheral lighting was not as good

Thmsshaun said:
Sorry but what is so special about Xenons? Do they really make that much difference?

Deffo - not only do they improve visabilty at night BUT look cool to :cool: . Once u have driven a car with bi xenons u wud not want to go back to standard halogen bulbs. If u have never driver a car with xenons at night then it will probably not make much difference (I was exactly the same until I got bi xenons) drove other cars with xenons when I used to have standard halogens.

Thmsshaun said:

I had them on my ML and miss them now. The extra vision is well worth it plus I want a car fully loaded.

I've emailed the dealer about the car as there are some questions....tempting, very very tempting.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but haven't you got one already?

And how does it have the phone aerial on the roof? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You are a glutten for punishment. First you get an ML, then you want to do a part-ex with an MB dealer on a car you've only had a couple of months...........it'll cost you an arm and a leg.

Rory said:
Sorry if I'm missing something, but haven't you got one already?

And how does it have the phone aerial on the roof? :rolleyes:

Yes I have but this one has factory fit COMAND with proper aerial, AMG wheels and phone integration. My wife prefers the colour of this one aswell!
Its also a little newer and has 8,000 less miles on the clock.

nickg said:
You are a glutten for punishment. First you get an ML, then you want to do a part-ex with an MB dealer on a car you've only had a couple of months...........it'll cost you an arm and a leg.

I know I know I just like keeping those salesmen employed ;)

If they come up with the right deal, I'll buy it. I always drive a very hard bargain ans often walk away from a deal if its not exactly what I want. You'd be suprised how many times a dealer then phones up later and says he 'has adjusted things here and there and can now do the deal'! Worked on all the cars I've bought plus, the biggest saving was on my last house. Negotiated £25k off the price with the builder. He said no, I walked away, he phoned the next day and agreed :)

Thmsshaun said:

I wouldn't buy a C43 without them for instance ;)

Thmsshaun said:

Driving with halogen lights is like driving with the side lights on compared to xenons

fuzzer said:
Driving with halogen lights is like driving with the side lights on compared to xenons

I noticed this when I took the E55 to the bodyshop and then got in my mrs car.
It's horrible :crazy:

Excelent think the point has been well made there.

And Bi-Xenons are twice as good as Xenons!

The best thing about xenons so far ive found is in unlit roadworks at night , the reflective band on the cones glows for miles .. lol

It's a very nice car, but be prepared to be insulted by the derisory trade in they offer for your existing car!

Alfie said:
Yes I have but this one has factory fit COMAND with proper aerial, AMG wheels and phone integration. My wife prefers the colour of this one aswell!
Its also a little newer and has 8,000 less miles on the clock.

If you want my advice, keep the one you have,

You can fit the proper aerial (as soon as I have the part number, you'll have a pm), you can add a phone kit to it as well.
As for wheels, you have a nice looking set on yours, and this car from first glance is missing fully electric memory seats, which I think yours has.
Save the money, ,and spend it modding the one you have :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom