SORN issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I dont see a problem?
The screenshot you posted says it can take 5 days, its not a "rule"
Its not an error, its procedure.

Youre trying to do something which it states doesn't update immediately.
Maybe I’m just being paranoid :)

TBH my only concern is I don’t want to be liable for any penalties when I’m trying to do everything completely above board. :)

As said, once ownership transfers electronically that nullifies the previous owners SORN application and you may then apply in your own name..
It has done transferred now and I can see the V5 has been issued (shows today’s date)

However - I am still unable to make the SORN declaration due to it not being 5 days since the p/o made an application.

So the vehicle currently shows ‘untaxed’. 😀

Post office helped me tax a vehicle when I lost the appropriate slip and DVLA on line wanted me to pay for a replacement.
More helpful than you might imagine - worth asking.

Not for insurance they won't. Don't know about tax as my SORNed car was taxed the previous month.
Nice to see a post from you Mr Bellow. Hope you’re doing swell. 🙏👍👏

Maybe I’m just being paranoid :)

TBH my only concern is I don’t want to be liable for any penalties when I’m trying to do everything completely above board. :)

Yes you are! Your post number 15 clearly outlines that it has been declared off road within the last 5 days and may have been done by the previous owner. THE END. 😂

Wait until the new V5 is received in your name and try again, no one is going to hunt you down, drag you from your bed, or fine you a gazillion pounds! 😂

More importantly, what have you bought???

It has done transferred now and I can see the V5 has been issued (shows today’s date)

However - I am still unable to make the SORN declaration due to it not being 5 days since the p/o made an application.

So the vehicle currently shows ‘untaxed’. 😀
Abb is right. In similar circumstances, following receipt of the new V5C, I received a letter from the DVLA asking me to tax or SORN it, which I did.

Well just put the car in next doors driveway and then he can pay the fines:banana:

I was surprised when trying to advise change of keeper online recently to find that the DVLA computer says no after 7pm

Perhaps it runs the daily updates as a batch?
That's certainly the most likely explanation.

Or it could just be that the DVLA like to make life awkward so as to "justify their existence" ;) 🤣

Well just put the car in next doors driveway and then he can pay the fines:banana:
I don't think that would work. He might be charged with driving without insurance and tax on public roads especially as he can't drive across the grass.
There's a 'No Cars On The Grass' sign...

Hmmm imagine if a real life problem occured...

Would you be more inclined to offer advice?
Certainly...my door is always open...:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom