Sorry guys another problem, caliper Mounting Bracket Guide Pin threads stripped??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

golden1245

Car
1999 C230K Sport
Sorry to make another thread...but I ran into another problem, it's been a long day.

For some reason, and only on the driver side, one of the holes where the caliper guide pin goes into the bracket were completely stripped of its threads. The pin itself is fine. I don't know how or when this happened, because when I took the guide pins off, they came off without a hitch, it's when I tried to put the top guide pin back in (and note that all 2 on the passenger side and lower driver side had no problems), the guide pin went completely in with no resistance and just spun around as I tried to screw it back in. I was really confused...at what point did I damage the inner threads :confused: So now, the bottom guide pin is securely in place, but there's no guide pin on top and it's making a vibration when I tested it on a very short drive.

Now I have to buy another caliper mount bracket, do they sell those by themselves or must it come with the caliper?? I didn't see a part # on the bracket...and I can't find 'just the bracket' on any USA part websites. And how much would it cost at the dealership?

This is the part in question:

6935987640_9a81d2b6cd_c.jpg

And boy I felt good working with my dad finishing everything, it looks good and brakes much better albeit the vibration due to the semi loose caliper.

6935989382_fd3c9eac95.jpg

Thank you so much for responding guys, I really appreciate it. It's difficult to find this type of help on the american mercedes websites.

I think the part you need is A0004202015 (brake anchor) which is about £95 in the UK. I would have thought you'd be just as well to get a used one from a breaker as theres not much to go wrong with it....apart form a stripped thread of course :)

Have a look through the russian epc site before ordering though, as I'm frequently very wrong!

PARTSCATALOG.RU

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom