Sorted at last

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dappa

Car
C63 Coupe
I finally have my car back to normal. I'll had tracking problems since day one and my local MB dealer tried to sort a few times without success. I then used a local perfomance car centre to fit sone winter rubber on the back and carry out a full laser tracking set up. The car was awful when they finished with it. The rear end floated all over at speed so I had it back to MB as the tyre fitter said he could go no further. They changed to the OEM tyres and the car runs as it should.
Just thought I'd let you all know not to put Hankook winter tyres on your C63. Expenive mistake :doh:

Winter tyres on the back and summer tyres on the front is a big no no - if that's what your car had then this explains why it was tail happy - but this has nothing to do with tracking or wheel alignment? Or the tyres make...

Last edited:
Winter tyres on the back and summer tyres on the front is a big no no - if that's what your car had then this explains why it was tail happy - but this has nothing to do with tracking or wheel alignment?

I'd dread to think how bad it would have drove if i had of put them on the front also. Winter tyres might be ok but these Hankook tyres just feel really flimsy

Our E320 came with Falken Eurowinters on the rear / Conti 3's on the front and I've been too tight to change them whilst there's plenty of tread remaining... If this is currently causing us some handling problems, then I can't wait until I put some new rubber at each corner :)

The bus also came with a mixture of Bridgestone's on the front / Pirelli Scorpion ATX's at the rear and this I'm certainly more than happy with this setup for now although a C63 it ain't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom