Sorting my Laptop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zipdip

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
s320
Well guys I am well known for just about hanging on to by my finger tip when dealing with computers,but yesterday I managed all by myself to correct a slow running windows 7 laptop.
The problem seemed to be that the laptop kept verifying my broadband connection,every few seconds it would try this and so slowed the laptop.
My solution was to go into the power management,it was set to I suspect the default option of normal or balanced,I just changed this to the option to use the most power,it seemed like the best option for me as I may only use the laptop away from a mains power source maybe twice a year.
The result was it cured at once the verifying the broadband and the laptop is running way faster and it has also cured the web site not found problem as well.
I am now trying to work up the courage to tackle the other halves windows 10 laptop that baby scares the life out of me but hey all I need is find where the power options are how hard can that be :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There should be an icon for it in the system tray (lower right-hand corner of the screen, next to the clock).

It's the icon that shows how much battery is left when the laptop is not plugged-in.

Click on it and the power plan options will come up.

You can also navigate to it from 'Settings' in the Start menu (Windows icon in the lower left corner of the screen).

Thanks for that will give it a look this afternoon,I hate that windows 10 ,not sure what I will do once 7 is not supported.

Put Fierfox on them both then you will see them fly . I run an old Windows XP along with firefox and its fast .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom