sos... whats the connection?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oscarios

SOS? am trying to get my C200 (1999) back on the road but i have just hit a snag. i have to get The Engine Control Unit, Ignition Control Unit, Ignition sitch and ignition Key (I have the old one) from the dealership cause they are classified as security components. what makes it worse is that i have to get them as a set cause they have to be programmed to work together...says MB. I smell a rat but this being my first Merc everything is new and the total price exceeds the value of the i paid for the car.
Does anyone know how to go round this problem... am fairly technical so i will understand technical terms

oscarios said:
SOS? am trying to get my C200 (1999) back on the road but i have just hit a snag. i have to get The Engine Control Unit, Ignition Control Unit, Ignition sitch and ignition Key (I have the old one) from the dealership cause they are classified as security components. what makes it worse is that i have to get them as a set cause they have to be programmed to work together...says MB. I smell a rat but this being my first Merc everything is new and the total price exceeds the value of the i paid for the car.
Does anyone know how to go round this problem... am fairly technical so i will understand technical terms

Which bit do you really want, I suspect the Ignition switch and new keys??? :confused:

these parts are missing from the car...the vehicle was stripped off these parts. i have the keys but am made to understand that they are essentially useless if not electronically linke to the missing parts. the part numbers were generated from the vin no.
Ignition key(2037664006/2037660106).
Ignition switch (0215453632)
Engine control unit (0215459332/0215453632)
Ignition control unit (2108203226)

am new to Mercs so all this is depressingly new... please help if you can

oscarios said:
these parts are missing from the car...the vehicle was stripped off these parts. i have the keys but am made to understand that they are essentially useless if not electronically linke to the missing parts. the part numbers were generated from the vin no.
Ignition key(2037664006/2037660106).
Ignition switch (0215453632)
Engine control unit (0215459332/0215453632)
Ignition control unit (2108203226)

am new to Mercs so all this is depressingly new... please help if you can

The ECU is a very expensive item new, maybe someone on here will come up with a place where you can recover the items from an old car. Try member V12 who has access to breakers items. PM him.

I am moving this to the electronics section where more people may help.

A lock set for your car is going to set you back in the region of £180

A Housing for the ignition about £150 ish (or try a breakers for that)

An ECU from a stealers, get another mortgage :crazy: . (try Dronsfields or The Garage for this item they will deffo be a lot cheaper.)

Ian

The components do have to be coded to each other, however I believe this will happen after 50 starts with a blank unit.

All these bits are part of the DAS (drive authorisation system).

I would have thought the bits could be obtained secondhand and reprogrammed to your VIN coding.

Drive Authorisation System

does any body outhere know which components on the C200 '99 make up the drive authorisation system? am trying to get my car on the road ( some of these bit are missing) just need to be sure what to buy new and what buy second hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom