Sound clip of next year's Honda F1 engine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
Sounds more like a router to me.

I think I've fallen out of love with F!. I haven't watched the last half dozen races and can't say I miss it.

There are quite a few things wrong with F1 in my opinion, encapsulated by the pit-to-car radio telling drivers to drive more slowly.

Artificially cr4p tyres, compulsory pit stops, compulsory use of two compounds, unnecessary laps behind the safety car while lapped cars catch up at reduced speed, the limited fuel load next year will be the icing on the cake.

I'm sure it's a competition of some sort, but it isn't racing.

I tend to agree. F1 has lost the plot totally over the last few years which is a real shame as it has in the past delivered real drama and excitement - and I don't mean when people were getting killed, either.

As someone said on this very forum a few weeks ago, there was more excitement in one lap of the Moto GP at Silverstone than F1 has delivered in an entire season. But at least F1 continues to make Bernie rich :rolleyes:

That's one weird (not nice) sounding engine. Still, I'm delighted that Honda are back, even if I won't be watching it.

F1 is so boring now, I used to watch the start then do something else for a bit then come back for the finish, can't even stick doing that now! Moto GP is so much better.

F1 is so boring now, I used to watch the start then do something else for a bit then come back for the finish, can't even stick doing that now! Moto GP is so much better.
Agreed!
I lost interest years ago!
Hardly any overtakings during the race, unlike MotoGP!

I think I've fallen out of love with F!. I haven't watched the last half dozen races and can't say I miss it.

There are quite a few things wrong with F1 in my opinion, encapsulated by the pit-to-car radio telling drivers to drive more slowly.

Artificially cr4p tyres, compulsory pit stops, compulsory use of two compounds, unnecessary laps behind the safety car while lapped cars catch up at reduced speed, the limited fuel load next year will be the icing on the cake.

Sounds like a F1 engine to me. They were just rolling on the throttle slowly...

Sounds like a F1 engine to me. They were just rolling on the throttle slowly...

You could well be correct, thus no bark.

Moto GP is so much better.

It used to be, but even MotoGP is getting processional.The last 3 or 4 years have been getting worse. Watch the Moto2 & 3 races for some excitement and plenty of overtaking.

Agree with all this, not to mention DRS which creates passing not overtaking.
Stopped watching last year. Would have stopped much sooner had it not been for Schumi's comeback.
I do check the scores but even that's boring with Vettel winning all the time

These new engines are such a silly idea. "Let's cut costs by redesigning the engines every 6-7 years". Should have stuck with V10s

I think the whole idea is to make F1 more interesting? Instead of outright power,and super sticky tyres, it enables less well off F1 team a chance to be competitive,(cr4p tyres) strategy would be just as important.(pit stops)
The limited fuel load will force F1 teams to redesign their engine to be more fuel efficient, the technology will inevitably benefit us average mortals a few years down the road :p

My 2p :p

Sounds like an air raid siren to me, perhaps the new formula will bomb :D

F1 should simply be no-holds barred racing.

It is meant to be the pinnacle of motorsport and should attract the finest motor companies, after-market engineering companies and talented drivers worthy of the best salary.

Only stipulations should be width, weight and crash test conformity. Everything else should be allowed. Turbos, nitrous, KERS, solar, nuclear, whatever ......

I want to see racing - real racing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom