Sound deadening internally a C350 CDI BE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tanzenite

Car
W205 250d
Hello all,

I am taking delivery of a W204 C350CDi Blue Efficiency which replaces my W203 2004 180K C Class. I am over the moon with my choice but one small point to cover is that the 180K seems quieter from the inside when driving in town than the V6 of the C350. Are there any retro fit sound deadening kits available? Or are there any suggestions from anyone.

Thanks.

Interesting question, I used to have a C200K now I have a C230 V6.. the difference in engine noise/sound still niggles me, particularly when idle.

I've bought a big pack of NoiseKiller self adhesive sound deadening material to put on my wheel arches and bulkhead. (Also the 3.0 CDI v6) I'm just waiting for the weekend to arrive to put it in. Will let this thread know if it makes a difference - not sure how good it will be or how subjective it will be.

I've bought a big pack of NoiseKiller self adhesive sound deadening material to put on my wheel arches and bulkhead. (Also the 3.0 CDI v6) I'm just waiting for the weekend to arrive to put it in. Will let this thread know if it makes a difference - not sure how good it will be or how subjective it will be.

Look forward to your results. I remember in the 60s & 70s most cars had retro kits available.

Was it exhaust noise, road noise or engine?

It's because its a diesel. If you wanted the same level of quiet then the C350 petrol would have been the car for you.

It's because its a diesel. If you wanted the same level of quiet then the C350 petrol would have been the car for you.

Yes you are correct regarding the quietness of a 350 petrol, but with gasoil now at £1.30 per ltr. & petrol not far behind, I think the CDI was the best choice for my pocket.

Results are in. The engine is significantly quieter. It works well. I installed it into the front foot wells, front wheel arches and as high up the bulkhead as possible on the inside - then put the carpet back in. I used the NoiseKiller Lead Sandwich - the most expensive stuff unfortunately.

I only have one problem now. The road noise in the rest of the car ! Given its a Viano, I'll slowly make my way backwards with the less expensive stuff. I would guess a normal car won't have as much road noise as this.

Yes you are correct regarding the quietness of a 350 petrol, but with gasoil now at £1.30 per ltr. & petrol not far behind, I think the CDI was the best choice for my pocket.

GASOIL!! If your'e using that I wouldn't advertise it on a public forum!! ;)

Methinks he has issues admitting to himself he bought a diesel.:bannana:

Haha, I was referring more to the difference between Diesel and gasoil, gasoil is also commonly referred to as red diesel which is not meant to be used on public roads!!:)

Haha, I was referring more to the difference between Diesel and gasoil, gasoil is also commonly referred to as red diesel which is not meant to be used on public roads!!:)

Oh I know, don't worry. On the continent they sell Gazole at the diesel pump.

Gasoil: "an oily liquid obtained in the fractional distillation of petroleum, boiling between the kerosene and lubricating oil fractions: used esp. as a diesel fuel and heating oil"

Methinks he has issues admitting to himself he bought a diesel.:bannana:

Far from it, having retired from driving Volvo F12s & F16s for over 30 years I think I would know a little about the diesel engine before I parted with £42K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom