Sound poor on Sky Plus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hawk20

MB Enthusiast
Car
ML250 BlueTEC Sport Jan 2013
Friend of mine has Samsung 42 inch TV -current model- HD etc- and the Bose GSX 321 sound system.
The sound from the radio in the Bose and from the CD player in the Bose is great but the sound from the TV is much weaker and not at all hi-fi sounding even when played through the Bose. Output is turned up to max yey still quiet. It is linked by HDMI and optical cable as in the Bose set-up instructions.

The radio stations via Sky also sound poor.

Seem to be fair number of grumbles on the internet re Sky sound.

Anyone know the position? Is there a problem? Is it worth getting a decent sound system given that the slim TV's have such poor sound themselves?

Help!

On Sky + I have sound problems Some channels I have to really turn the volume up yet when adverts come on they are really loud? When it reverts back to the programme the sound reduces.

Worth checking the Sky+ setup - is the optical out live, for example?

Is the optical cable from the Bose system connected to the TV or the Sky box? It needs to be connected to the Sky box from the Bose system, not TV to Bose system.

And also make sure that the Sky HD box is not on Mute. Even if it is, it still feeds through a low signal which can be heard if the system is cranked up. My other half frequently complains about low sound - then I find it's on mute with the volume up to max!! You should see her jump when I say press the Mute button ;)

Is the optical cable from the Bose system connected to the TV or the Sky box? It needs to be connected to the Sky box from the Bose system, not TV to Bose system.
Thanks. I'll check that too. Do you get good sound with Sky plus if connected the way you say. i.e. is it worth having a 'good' sound system for Sky?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom