Soundproofing material to engine bay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NuisanceValue

Car
1996 SL500
The soundproofing 'foam' stuff that is under the bonnet on my car is in a right old state and is crumbling away to dust making the whole engine bay dirty/dusty.
Any ideas what it is and where I can get some new stuff? Is it a part in it's own right or do they just have a roll of it? It does seem to be moulded in one or two places iirc..

Anyone know?

Just rip it off and buy a replacement complete from the stealers, they are cheap enough (cant remember exactly but mine was less than £40 IIRC ) made to fit and and fixed in place with spray glue (carpet glue).

The soundproofing on the engine "firewall" has shrunk on my 4 yr old SL and the dealer said "its due to heat!"...yes just what youd expect in that position. A new one has been quoted at £125 !

I will see what MB HQ have to say in due course but if anyone knows of a product that does the job better ( Im thinking soundproofing/fire resistant boat foam insulation at this time ) please let me know:confused:

The soundproofing on the engine "firewall" has shrunk on my 4 yr old SL and the dealer said "its due to heat!"...yes just what youd expect in that position. A new one has been quoted at £125 !

Its 79 Euros according to the EPC. I picked a random 129 and the part number came up as 1296802025

Look here:

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

He's done all the due diligence for us!

('likes Damplifier Pro™...looks good to me!)

Absolute class..:D

My girlfriend came home from a business trip to find my brand new car's interior in the living room. She could not begin to understand why I would do such a thing. She accused me of loving my car more than I loved her and got no comfort from my assurances that I loved her and the car equally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom