Sounds like BOV?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

badgx

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes e55
Was listening to the sound of Blackboost air intakes with headphones. It sounds more like a blow of valve than an air intake. Could there be one fitted? 🤔

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The blackboost intake kit comes with something similar to this to bypass the factory recirculation

The blackboost intake kit comes with something similar to this to bypass the factory recirculation

I didn't know that, which probably explains the reason why the price tag for the Blackboost is somewhere in the region of $1500, excluding customs excise 😳

I remember seeing it in a Tasos video some time back...its mentioned in the product blurb

IN CONCLUSION, IT IS OBVIOUS WHY A BLACKBOOST INTAKE SYSTEM IS THE BEST CHOICE FOR YOUR PRECIOUS 5.5L V8 BITURBO M157 MERCEDES AMG. WITH SIGNIFICANT HP AND TQ INCREASES, THE HIGHEST QUALITY AND FLOWING FILTER FROM BMC IN ITALY, THE BEST SEALING AIRBOXES THAT KEEP ALL HOT ENGINE BAY AIR OUT, ULTRA LIGHT WEIGHT TIG WELDED AIRCRAFT GRADE 6061 ALUMINUM CONSTRUCTION, A TEXTURED BLACK POWDERCOATED FINISH FOR EXCELLENT HEAT INSULATION AND A CLASSY LOOK, A VENT TO ATMOSPHERE BLOW OFF VALVE CONVERSION, A CUSTOMIZABLE LOGO PLATE, AND EVEN A HIGHLY COMPETITIVE PRICE, THERE SIMPLY IS NO BETTER OPTION!

Personally I think these VTA/BOVs really cheapen the AMG sound - far too fast and the furious for my taste.

I prefer to let the V8 make its noise rather than the whooshing that sooped up 4 cylinder turbo has….

The intakes do look nice though!

Personally I think these VTA/BOVs really cheapen the AMG sound - far too fast and the furious for my taste.

I prefer to let the V8 make its noise rather than the whooshing that sooped up 4 cylinder turbo has….

The intakes do look nice though!
I agree I used to have this BOV on my mr2 turbo

Actually suited a JDM car but for a v8 German car wouldn’t dream of putting a BOV on the c63

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom