Source - Merc OEM Overmats Ribbed & Velour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rockits

MB Enthusiast
Car
2005 E55K Estate; 2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE;2004 E500 Estate;2005 Alfa GT V6;306GTi-6;206 GTi 180
Just thought I would share this in case anyone was looking for them. I searched high and low to find a decent source of cost effective OEM overmats for my R219 SL500.

Came across a thoroughly nice chap called Tim @ Special Vehicle Services Ltd or 'SVS'. His details are:
Special Vehicle Services Ltd
Tel: 01566 776222

I didn't know the chap at all and am not related or affiliated to him/them in any way. Just know how much time I spent looking so maybe it will help some have a shorter journey to find some!

They come from the same factory in Stuttgart that MB order them from for their source. All identical as OEM I am told. I have ordered a set of 4 for my R129 SL500. I will post back when I receive them to confirm they are indeed OEM and how good they are. They are very cost effective and cheaper than I remember the main deal doing them for when I have bought them before.

Bought from them before,highly recommend

The rip mat material that MB used in the past was discontinued about 4 years ago and the replacement MB (and SVS) uses is nothing like it. Some old stock exists but most is now being replaced with the new material.

I bought a set for my 190 and they were not close to original rip mats. SVS were at the time using images of the old mats to advertise them.

Closest to original rip mats I have found are Lengenfelder mats from Germany, imported in RHD form by http://www.classicmercedesmats.co.uk.

I can't speak to the velour quality as I haven't tried it.

Last edited:
Just thought I would share this in case anyone was looking for them. I searched high and low to find a decent source of cost effective OEM overmats for my R219 SL500.

Came across a thoroughly nice chap called Tim @ Special Vehicle Services Ltd or 'SVS'. His details are:

Tel: 01566 776222

I didn't know the chap at all and am not related or affiliated to him/them in any way. Just know how much time I spent looking so maybe it will help some have a shorter journey to find some!

They come from the same factory in Stuttgart that MB order them from for their source. All identical as OEM I am told. I have ordered a set of 4 for my R129 SL500. I will post back when I receive them to confirm they are indeed OEM and how good they are. They are very cost effective and cheaper than I remember the main deal doing them for when I have bought them before.

Hi - Interested to hear how you got in as considering the same for my 89 sec

Thanks

Cheers for posting! Very useful.

Hi - Interested to hear how you got in as considering the same for my 89 sec

Thanks

Placed an order with Svs however they have a 8-12 week lead time for 126 mats due to demand at the factory from MB.

Update : SVS cannot guarantee supply of these mats due to
Supplier issues. A chap on the other MB owners club forum directed me to Patrick in Germany who offers mats in OEM quality for RHD cars too. Not listed on his eBay site however he has confirmed availability in writing. I've placed an order for dark grey velour mats with anti slip backing for my 89 car for £99 inc delivery (25 euro for anti slip backing) . Should hopefully get them this week, example shots below:

6c9a6f09e3889fed3a99b9b4f7848283.jpg
e9f312e48b30b9255eaf259da888b530.jpg
04c8aa5d7036b22aabecb8c2ce5a3c2d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom