Sourcing a passenger seat with working SRS sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ma499

Car
Mercedes Benz A150
Hi, my W169 A Class has a somewhat temperamental SRS red warning light on the dashboard. I realise SRS fault can be complicated to diagnose but I have a strong suspicion there at least part of the problem is with the passenger seat sensor because:
  1. I never get an SRS warning when the passenger seat is occupied.
  2. The seat is knackered - spring coils broken so we keep a cushion on top at all times.
I've seen that reclaimed seats are often on eBay but I'm wondering how I can make sure that I find a second-hand one that has a working sensor pad. Any ideas? Are therefore, for example, particular suppliers of reclaimed parts that can be trusted to test the seat electronics before sale?

I don't think you can, unless the seller offers dome sort of warranty.

Failed Front Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor mat is very common, and chances are that a second hand seat will either have a faulty one, or that it will fail in future.

The only way to know you have a good one is by buying new and have it fitted (to the current seat or to a second hand seat).

There are cheap Chinese devices on eBay that bypass the Sensor mat, but personally I would fit one of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom