South Coast Blast - Sunday 27th Jan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SavMan

Authorised Forum Sponsor
Car
E55K AMG
If anyone is interested there will be a group meeting up for a drive around Portsmouth area, 16 cars have signed up so far and 8 are AMG's.

Its being organised on PH but if anyone is interested and not a member on there just post here and I will put your name down.

The only ones I recognise on there are TheDeadPrussion and some idiot in a blue AMG estate :D

I can't believe I signed up, have not driven the car for so long I thought what the hell. I'm hoping Olly will join us as its on his home turf.

If I get up in time yes but I have been travelling all week and shattered! Here's the stuff from PH its a nice early start!

Evening all........well lets confirm times and locations..

Route....meet point is Hayling Island Seafront...not heard to get to... go to Hayling Island and aim South for a few miles!! Look for Dazza and the red Jag oh and a load of AMG's!!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Sea+Grove+Ave&...

Times:

Meet Hayling Island Seafront: 8am (still darkish at 7.30 and gives those late nighters a chance to make it!!)

Leave: 8.30am

Eatings: hopefully by 9am depending on traffic!!

All done by 10am .... hopefully we have some decent photographers with us!!!

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday and GoPro's, SLR's, Compacts & camera phones are an essential!!

Thanks DJ

Paul what time you leaving and which ruote you taking might tag along ?

I know people may find this hard to believe but I dont drive fast so will head off about 6am. It is easier for me to go straight through London so across Tower Bridge by about 6am then Elephant, Tooting, Merton Park, New Maldern rough directions then A3.

Well I just got back, it was a long way for a short but fun drive!

Nice mixture of cars most of the AMG's were C63's but there was also a C55, my E55 and a really nice G55. A few M3's and an M5 that could only seem to go sideways, a bright yellow S2000 that had the biggest sounding dump valve. A RUF in bright yellow that has hit 207mph at Bruntingthorpe, a red 911 RS and a lot more all in all about 18-20 cars were there.

It was a really good format meet early close to a cafe that was open early, then a 45 min drive through some really good country roads stopping high up on a hill with some more Tea and coffee for a chat. We then descended with a mixture of A and B roads followed by one quick junction on a M way. Final destination a seaside cafe for a full English breakfast everyone then headed off home at 11am.

The sound, well I am sure some of it will end up on YouTube (I forgot to charge my camera before leaving so don't have any footage).

Great to meet Olly from PCS and Phil from Rebellion, any of you that are close to the south coast particularly Portsmouth/Southampton area really should give these guys a look. They are hoping to meet on a regular basis and well worth the trip for a great octane fuelled morning.

Was good meeting you today Paul....

Think we could have done with a couple more AMGs there, but wasnt a bad turn out so early in the year...

We will definately look at hosting a meet...with a finish of the route at ours with BBQ etc..

Count me in for that Phil if my op doesnt get in the way

Phil@Rebellion said:
Was good meeting you today Paul....

Think we could have done with a couple more AMGs there, but wasnt a bad turn out so early in the year...

We will definately look at hosting a meet...with a finish of the route at ours with BBQ etc..

Check out my event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom