South East Karting Meet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stats007

MB Enthusiast
Car
575M
I'm looking to organise a karting meet - either at Daytona Sandown Park or Buckmore Park in Kent.

Depending on the number of people we could do a 2hr mini Le-mans or have teams etc.

Anyone interested? Looking at September at the moment.

If i got in a kart there is no way i would get out, but watching could be great laugh.

I'd definitely be interested, depending on date. I didn't know there was a track at Sandown Park.

Sandown Park is quite good - not super fast (~60mph on the straight). I've been to Thruxton a few times as well but thought these two were closer to London.

Apart from a brief go in the rain at a Jonathan Palmer day (Bruntingthorpe), I've only done indoor karting before.

I used to do british champs karting.

Buckmore is more favourible. Great circuit.

Maybe a kart for each foot?

Thanks mate:rolleyes:
I don't think it has come to that yet.

Put me down for this in heavier pencil now, as I will get an excellent run downhill and overtake you:devil:

Make sure its twins we get.

No single engined hondas. They wouldnt pull a skin of a rice pudding

If its on a weekend, put me down in a very light pencil... I'm very interested, but would need to see if I actually have free time!

Even though it's south east, and I'll have a 6stone disadvantage over most, I'll probably go for it if the carts are decent... make mine a maybe!

I'd be interested, particularly Sandown Park
Rgds, Barry

I'm up for it depending on date/time.
I've raced on most of the circuits in the south, Thruxton and Buckmore all just as good, Sandown is ok some uneven karts to look be aware of when I was there recently. Price wise your looking at around £70 for most circuits (individual endurance format) but they normally require minimum amount of people to have the track to yourselves. Twins or single engines there's not much in them in terms of performance, both are around 13hp in total, twin gives you slightly better balanced handling but slightly more weight.

Last edited:
Any idea which dates we are looking at in September. :rock:

I'd be interested, particularly Sandown Park
Rgds, Barry

Barry If I do manage to get there, please dont mention Brands Hatch.

Regarding dates - those that are interested best post dates you're not available! If we fix a date then that may affect what venue we can go to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom