Southampton Mercedes -AVOID

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarriedBlonde

Car
C63 AMG Coupe/ML350 Cdi Sport/69 vw Bus
Bit of a rant.
When I collected my car it was delivered with a scratch on the drivers door window.
After 6 months a new piece of glass was waiting at the dealers to be fitted so I booked my car in to get it fitted along with a couple of other minor issues that I had with my car.
I dropped my car off last thursday and was told I could have it back 5pm the same day, I received a phone call at 4.30pm asking if they could keep my car for another day as they hadn’t fixed all the faults.
No problem I thought.
I collected the car late friday. When I got it home I noticed that there was a scratch on one of the alloys and a scratch on the body work.
Bugger I thought, phoned up the service desk and left a message. I was called back about 9.15 saturday morning and asked to bring the car back in for them to look at so they could rectify the damage.
Unfortunately I was going away for a long weekend so explained I couldn't get the car back to them until tuesday afternoon, but I wasn't using the car for the 4 days and they could verify the mileage when I brought it back - it would only have the 12 miles from the dealers to my home added to it.
When I took it back on tuesday one of the service team came and looked at my car and said the service manager wanted to speak to me, after being kept waiting he came out to look at my car. stated that they wouldn’t correct the paintwork and that as it was a week since they had looked at my car the damage could have happened anywhere (I explained it was 4 days and to check the mileage etc) he said that as a good will gesture they would look to see if there was anything they could do about my wheel.
So basically he called me a liar, they damaged my car and will look to see if there is anything they can do.
Well there is something I can do, I can take my business elsewhere. I’ve used the dealership for the last 5.5 years for my new cars and also all my servicing and warranty work and possibly use them for my ML’s replacement (wife wants the new one next year)

Also on the way back to the dealers I was overtaken on the motorway by a 59 reg e63 out on a test run by a couple of technicians, I can definitely vouch that car can accelerate, go sideways on a roundabout and the brakes have been thoroughly tested by the techs... Who looked very sheepish as I followed them into the dealership....

So basically avoid them if possible, there are many other dealers wanting your business and I would advise you use them instead.

Oh and can anyone recommend where I can get a rim fixed in the hampshire area, I have the optional 19" AMG rim's so it is not a straight paint em type fix as they have an almost polished face to them:

P1020343.jpg

Another excellent tale of customer service.

It'll cost them more in the long run than yourself.

Contact the wheel specialits in Fareham. 08454654868. Tell them Olly from Prestige Car Service sent you.

Like going to a Michelin starred restaurant and being served a tin of Spam, it's infuriating getting crap service when you're paying main dealer labour rates. No excuse for it, I'd write to the dealer principal and cc. MB UK head office in Milton Keynes.

unusual wheel damage. Looks more like something was dropped on it rather than curb rash.

Maybe one should fill out one of tthose little forms you get with hire cars showing where there is damage on the car and get dealers to sign them off before giving letting them have the car? This way there would be less dispute.

Sorry, thats a pic of the undamaged wheel :)

The damage looks like something was dropped on it, or they checked the pressure and the nozzle slipped off and gauged the wheel.

I'll see if I can get a pic.

J.

sounds familiar -- I had my previous MB damaged at the dealers. They maintained, when I phoned them (I had collected the car in the dark) that it was damaged on arrival and that the car valet lad had recorded this on the work sheet when he had cleaned the car. I returned the car the next day - with 12 miles added to the mileage record and pointed out that the car had not been cleaned - as was apparent from the state of it (it was December!).

They couldn't explain how the valeter had managed to clean the car and record this on the work sheet without actually removing any of the dirt..... this led to the purchase of a VW Phaeton.... after they had repaired the dent!

that reminds me to double check my wheels when collecting.... if they ever call me back!

I live midway between Southampton and Poole and I pondered long and hard as to which MB dealer I should give my business to.
I opted for Poole and all I can say is that so far I have had nothing but superlative service, from the sales team to the service guys. You can't walk across their showroom without someone asking "to help". Service team and receptionists similarly amenable, they have run me into the town centre, offered to pick me up, and have been on time with their appointments, etc.
As I was passing Southampton MB, I decided to look at their Grand Edition ML. I walked round it, sat in it, fiddled with it, looked at various other cars, went back to the ML, opened the boot, slammed doors, nudge nudge, wink wink - nothing, everyone seemed to be asleep. So I mooched around the salesmen's desks, none looked up, so I sauntered out to my own Merc parked right outside the showroom front door (hint, hint, I AM an MB afficianado, guys, I might just buy!!) - and drove off, and I won't be back (but obviously nobody in that morgue will ever notice)!!
Now, I thought, I know what it's like to be the invisible man :D...

Thank you Married Blonde for reinforcing what I suspected about this place...I'll be taking your advice to avoid :doh:...

I've only visited Southampton Mecedes Once and to be honest once was enough their rude and ignorant :crazy:

The buck stops at MK.

That's true. But the feeling generally taints MB as a whole. OK, we who love our Mercedes know we can always go elsewhere. What about the potential customers who just walk away, forever, from the brand because of the lack of service.

Hang your head in shame MB or at least MB MK do a mystrey shop down there and check out for yourselves what is going on.

I always make sure they inspect the car when leaving it for service. Last time MB Gatwick did slightly damage an alloy. Refurbished without any quibble. By doing so they made sure I will use them again in future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom