Southampton Mercedes -AVOID

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last time MB Gatwick did slightly damage an alloy. Refurbished without any quibble. By doing so they made sure I will use them again in future.

Why, do the other three need doing...

I don't think they even give a monkey's either...

At least MB Beckenham took a sheet and we walked around the car detailing anything on there - which was then checked when I went to collect the car.

The problem with MB Southampton is that Portsmouth, Winchester and Chichester which are the nearest are all in the same group.

Sorry to disagree. But I have had nothing but excellent service from MB Southampton. My brother and daughter also use them regularly and are similarly pleased.

One of the nightmares for all garages is the case where an owner says 'oh look, there's a nick out of one my alloys; I'm sure it wasn't there when I brought it in'. So hard to prove either way unless we all submit to a detailed assessment of every dent scratch and nick when we go in. But many just leave the car in the car park, drop off the keys and leave. And many others are collect and deliver. Not easy to see a satisfactory way of avoiding problems like this from arising.

That's why I drive all the way to Salisbury from Portsmouth to get my car serviced.

My SLK was booked in for its MOT and E service last week at my local MB dealer. They duly came along and collected the car, excellent service, its an 80 mile round trip for which they don't charge.

They duly collected the car and returned it on schedule, clean, shiny and unmarked. Excellent.

Except they forgot to MOT it. No problem, we'll phone and rearrange it. They haven't yet. Rather mars the good service they have d0ne so far.

One of the nightmares for all garages is the case where an owner says 'oh look, there's a nick out of one my alloys; I'm sure it wasn't there when I brought it in'. So hard to prove either way unless we all submit to a detailed assessment of every dent scratch and nick when we go in.

I agree that some unscrupulous customers must 'try it on' but it is probably not a huge issue for garages (most of us are honest, aren't we??!) and they prefer to deal with issues as they arise. After all, if you introduce a check-sheet system, it could rebound on garages for every little scratch that is missed...:dk:

Sorry to disagree. But I have had nothing but excellent service from MB Southampton. My brother and daughter also use them regularly and are similarly pleased.

One of the nightmares for all garages is the case where an owner says 'oh look, there's a nick out of one my alloys; I'm sure it wasn't there when I brought it in'. So hard to prove either way unless we all submit to a detailed assessment of every dent scratch and nick when we go in. But many just leave the car in the car park, drop off the keys and leave. And many others are collect and deliver. Not easy to see a satisfactory way of avoiding problems like this from arising.

This is the problem... its not about customers trying it on but customers not being open to other possibilities. You can never really be sure either way and people only pay close attention to their cars after a service or when cleaning etc...

how do you know you didnt catch something in the road a day or two before.. how can you really be sure someone didnt scratch your car in Asda's that morning before you went to the dealer..
Dealers can never win in this situation..

The guy's got history, silly to argue really isn't it!!

I agree that some unscrupulous customers must 'try it on' but it is probably not a huge issue for garages (most of us are honest, aren't we??!) and they prefer to deal with issues as they arise. After all, if you introduce a check-sheet system, it could rebound on garages for every little scratch that is missed...:dk:

I know of a situation where a customer took their car in to a dealer and after the service was done claimed the centre console wood had been scratched.

This led to a discussion where the Tech said he hadn't worked or done anything near the centre console. The customer became quite irate and insisted the dealer repair the damage as it definitely wasn't there before the service.

Another Tech overheard and remembered servicing the car previously so went and pulled the job card....which noted a scratched centre console.

The customer was asked to leave the premises and not to return ever.

If you read my post i said i had also enjoyed good service up until now. The damage to my wheel has occured during the health chech, i would be willing to bet large sums of money the tech checking the tyre pressures has slipped. The scratch hasn't come from driving down the motorway, the car was parked onitsown outside the front of the dealers and was moved almost straight away as the service bod moved my car and grabbed the loner.

I hope you continue enjoy good service from them. Like i said i did for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom