Space Cadets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Madferrit

Car
'06 B150SE, '99 E220 CDi, A160, Ferrari Mondial and a Smartee! Now Sold: G300 LWB (sadly missed)
Anyone watch Space Cadets last night?

Looks like a breath of fresh air compared to other "reality" tv shows on at the moment so I might be hooked, we'll have to wait and see.

Whats your views?

Madferrit said:
Anyone watch Space Cadets last night?

Looks like a breath of fresh air compared to other "reality" tv shows on at the moment so I might be hooked, we'll have to wait and see.

Whats your views?

I thought it looked quite promising and, as you say, a breath of fresh air so to speak. I would love a rummage around that aviation scrap yard :D . I thought this years "Get me out of Here" wasnt *that* bad until I saw the follow up last night, David Dickinson harping on about pots of gold and his agent getting three offers of new contracts, I literally switched off in the end.

Portzy.

Cos I work nights all the time, I have set the Sky+ box to record the whole series. :bannana: :bannana:

lotusmark2 said:
Just cant see how they are going to fall for this. but I'll be watching to find out

i have a feeling that this was recorded some time back.. the last few, are still undergoing training and probably still have no idea.

If my formula is wrong, i'd like to see how they do it :)

i was really looking forward to it and hen on came Johhny.....i gave up. his time is passed.

I watched F Fulford on sky 2 later...he would have been better....at least he knows he is over the top.

Why spend a large amount of money fooling a bunch of what look like dimwits rather than select one person to really go to Russia and train for a space flight ?
I guess it relects modern Britain...a cheap and shoddy place.

adam

I'm guessing the end prize would be to send one of the dim wits to space ;)

big x said:
Why spend a large amount of money fooling a bunch of what look like dimwits rather than select one person to really go to Russia and train for a space flight ?

adam

Sorry I don't see your logic. There have been plenty of documentaries regarding space flight and what is really involved.

big x said:

Hi Adam,
I understand where your coming from, but feel it reflects more on the audience rather than the country.

I think I'm correct in saying that more people voted in the Big Brother thingie than actually voted in the last General Election.

Our country is a beautiful place but perhaps we have sadly let our moral standards slip a trifle?? ;) ;)

Regards,
John

scumbag said:
i was really looking forward to it and hen on came Johhny.....i gave up. his time is passed.

At last, someone else who can't bear this guy. I cannot turn the TV or radio off fast enough when I hear this convicted coke dealer spouting. He is SO annoying. I'd like to slap him.

So, no. I won't be watching.

Anyone notice the first mistake (clue?) thats its all fake? which the "contestants" should really ought to have noticed?

Portzy.

portzy said:
Anyone notice the first mistake (clue?) thats its all fake? which the "contestants" should really ought to have noticed?

Portzy.

:( missed it last night..

as for Johnny.. he wouldn't be my first choice for entertainer either, but then judging by the contestants, he would be convincing for them.

Remember in the first show the bit about counting the eyeballs. They wanted people who would have changed their answer by copying someone else., i reckon they're looking for those who aren't self thinkers, so if the "actors" stay convinced that this mission is real, then it will keep in the mind of the others that they're sitting in Russia

portzy said:

Portzy.

I'll give it an hour then start a competition I think ;) (there were two clues actually)

Portzy

Last edited:
glojo said:
Our country is a beautiful place but perhaps we have sadly let our moral standards slip a trifle?? ;) ;)

Regards,
John

More like the entire sweet trolley :D...

clues

The weather by any chance when they landed? And they're bound to notice all tht banking (in 1 direction).

And also the fact it's always at night (is it always night in Russia or something?...).

Yesterday was my first and probably last viewing, but..... "You canna defy the laws of gravity Jim".

You would be floating at the height the so called ex Squadron Leader was discussing.

Regards,
John

wallingd said:
The weather by any chance when they landed? And they're bound to notice all tht banking (in 1 direction).

And also the fact it's always at night (is it always night in Russia or something?...).

Nope ;) .

First one was when they got off the "Private Jet", which in fact was a turboprop, the clue is; if you look closely at the Sikorsky helicopter which took them from the domestic Russian airfield to the military air base the registration was a Great Britain one. It started G- something or other, the G being the Great Britain prefix.

Second was the radiators in the crew rooms and lecture rooms. They were Stelrad / Myson (British manufacture) welded seam tops and, as far as I know, the Russians dont import these style of radiators as they are well in front of us in the style and design of radiators (usually large). They were, in all honesty far too small for the job in hand if it had have been that part of Russia.

Thirdly, the brooding camp commander was nearly wetting himself at times plus he would not refer to the installation as "Barracks", thats a Brit term.

Portzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom