Space saver for a W205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marleyfan

Car
2018 C200 Sport Premium
Good morning all.

Ive just joined the forum.

I have a 2018 m C200 Sport Premium,

Being an old .er! guy, I much prefer a "spare wheel" in the boot as opposed to the repair gunk.

Ive been looking for a space saver for the W205 online, I cant find any though? Seen a fair few for the W204 on e-bay etc....Will one of those fit onto my car does anybody know please? The oher alternative, I guess, is to just buy a spare used wheel.......of course though, it would take up more room in the boot!

Ive not had a puncture/blowout etc for..........years and years! I just much prefer an "actual" spare in the boot though!

Thanks for reading!

Hello marleyfan welcome to the forum, I wouldn't know where to get one, suppose you could try a breakers but you'd need to know the bolt hole centres, I don't have one either but would prefer that I did. Some say after using the gunk it's a new tyer you'll need. I have bought a nice jack and wheel nut spanner, even a tyer repair kit, but still no spare. Good luck.

I went through this merc say they don't do one but others do fit, If you look on the spare wheel web sites they say an inch difference in wheel size is ok. But my wheels are 225 45 18 front 245 40 18 rear as mine is the W205 amg line.. The spare is off a model W207 or W212 - RA Mercedes part no/ 2074000102 tyre size 135 80 17. There may be someone who has another tyre size thats ok as well. i've tried this on the front and back and it clears everything fine, look on ebay i paid £40 delivered ( now word of warning don't start jumping up and down like i did as there is not much tread, these tyres come with 3mm as new.) Yes i did that to who i bought it from and they kindly pointed that out to me, Eeek. So if you have 17" or 18" should be fine for you. And you want a jack someone will put up a number for that a few fit, if no one gives you a number i will have a look tomorrow for you.

Many thanks for the replies.

My wheels are 17 inch. Ive tried a few breakers yards, they all say that the W205 didnt come with a spacesaver..............which I already knew!

Nice car and welcome👍

In case it helps a quick read of the A205 printed owner handbook shows that in many markets the car is sold with a space saver....I wonder if the part number is found whether one could be ordered from a UK Dealer?

Many thanks,

Ive sent an e-mail to a local dealer.....may hopefully get some info. from them!!

So in the epc there is a steel wheel listed for both front and rear axles for a range of platforms including 205 cars. Found as listed for the Japanese market, but appears on listings tor Europe also. Details are:

part no. A205 400 00 00
description:

STEEL DISK WHEEL FRONT AXLE /
6J X 16 H2 ET 36,5

or STEEL DISK WHEEL REAR AXLE
6J X 16 H2 ET 36,5

Could be worth asking the Dealer about this part, and what tyre would be supplied with it.
Gottthere in the end. The epc for B9414C66-3C4B-415C-8327-3C0454FDBFFB.pngyour car the A205 lists the exact same part number for the 204 posted by Merc Estate, that is A204000102. See attached. So you could either buy from a Dealer at £££ or from elsewhere in the knowledge that Mercedes quote that exact part for your car.

We are planning a number of long road trips, UK and subsequently Europe, over the next few years and a spare will definitely be de rigeur so v keen to hear how you get on.

Search for the merc part number number i put up on ebay or W207 or W212 spare wheel and look at the part numbers, check tyre size. if theres not one there, there will be in a week or two, mine was £40 delivered or you can buy one for £150/£200 its your money. When you buy the package ones of ebay i don't think the jack is any good to you so beware. Have fun and welcome.

Many thanks for that,

Im searching e-bay as I type!

1 defiantly on ebay and another you need to check rim number, type in the rim number and mercedes and check the tyre size £69 delivered, that was just a quick look.

My W203 came with a space saver that had its own special wheel bolts.

My W204 came with a space saver, but no wheel bolts - you're meant to use the standard wheel bolts that come with the road wheels.

So, if salvaging a space saver from a different model... might be a good idea to confirm which wheel bolts should be used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom