Space saver for a W205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was told that the W204 needed the bolts, the W205 don't i tried my bolts off the original wheels on my W205 and they fit fine. But you should check don't take my word for it, maybe someone else will confirm.

I was told that the W204 needed the bolts...

As I said... the space saver on my W203 came with its own bolts, the space saver on my W204 did not. So I don't think that the W204 space saver requires special bolts (when fitted to a W204). Both cars had the standard 16" wheels, BTW.

I was told that the W204 needed the bolts, the W205 don't i tried my bolts off the original wheels on my W205 and they fit fine. But you should check don't take my word for it, maybe someone else will confirm.

My W204 space saver uses the normal bolts and that's a pre-face lift model, so that all years of the W204 covered.

One way for the OP to resolve this is to find a member close by that has a W204 spacesaver and try to see if it fits his W205. He would be welcome to try mine but I'm a long way from South Wales.

Many thanks all.................especially merc estate. I had one delivered today, from e-bay very good nick and reasonable price.....Now I just need to sort out a car jack for it!

Got a car jack (scissors type) from the bay a few weeks ago.....cheap enough less than a tenner if I recall!

Of course the space-saver spare wheel takes up quite a bit of space in the boot...I will "probably" never use it...But! its good for my piece of mind to have it in there!

Check the hole under the car that it works ok, 5 minutes now could save trouble on the side of the road. Have fun with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom