Space Saver for W205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Max Shine

Car
E Class
I am looking for a Space Saver Wheel 16" with Jack Kit. Seen a few 17" ones for £130 mark but the wheels on the car are 16" (C220 SE 2015)

I would have thought if you have 16s on the car, if the Space Saver is genuine, it would have the same rolling radius as 16s or 17s, given that 17s are standard fit on the Sport. Before I bought, though, I'd check that the part is genuine MB with a part number beginning 205...

To be honest, though, I wouldn't be surprised if you find it to be from a 204 as there are loads of them on Ebay!

Ernie

Max, I should have said that if the wheels are from a 204, there is a slight difference of rolling radius with reference to the 205, I think about 3%, and the wheel won't have TPMS which will throw an alarm unless you have one fitted.

Ernie

mercedes-benz-c-class-diesel-saloon-c220-bluetec-se-executive-4dr-auto-115480970-1.jpg

Wheels are like this (and car)

Aye, these are the standard fit wheels from the 205 SE, fitted with 205/60/16s on 6.5Jx16inch wheels.

If the space saver came from a 204, the equivalent would be 205/55/16 on 7.0J wheels which results in a slightly smaller rolling radius (I think!).

I've got 17inch winter wheels from a 204 for my 205 Sport which seem to fit OK, so I would have thought a space saver from the same car would be OK, but best to try if possible or at least confirm by part number.

Nice car, by the way, is that Tenorite Gray, as was my 204 Estate?

Ernie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom