Space saver tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigdrew

Car
Ml350 bluetec clk220 CDi w209 amg styling 18in amg wheels cla 220cdi amg sport c class w205 amg line
Hi have one of those space saver tyres what I won’t to know does this wheel use different wheel bolts from the ones one the alloy wheels ie if I have a puncture can I use the ones on the alloy wheel to fit it

The space saver wheel on my CLK has its own bolts in a plastic container attached to the wheel.
Space saver bolts are much shorter.

My factory fitted space saver uses the same bolts as the alloys, I don’t have shorter bolts.
It works fine as recently used it when the front was punctured.
You could of course try it ?

It varies.

The space saver on my W203 came with its own set of wheel bolts.

The space saver on my W204 has no wheel bolts and you were meant the use the bolts from the standard wheel.

Both were original space savers that came with the car from the factory.

What car do you have? The owners manual will say which wheel bolts should be used with the space saver for your model.

It depends on the car . My S203 C class has a steel space saver with shorter bolts , using the longer bolts on the rear with the space saver will rip the handbrake mechanism inside the rear disc apart.

As above if the space saver is standard equipment then the manual will cover this (and there will be a different set of bolts with it if they are required). If you've bought a space saver somewhere for a car that wouldn't normally have one then you need to say which model it is and someone can probably advise.

It varies.

The space saver on my W203 came with its own set of wheel bolts.

The space saver on my W204 has no wheel bolts and you were meant the use the bolts from the standard wheel.

Both were original space savers that came with the car from the factory.

What car do you have? The owners manual will say which wheel bolts should be used with the space saver for your model.
W204 but I don’t have the owners manual

W204 but I don’t have the owners manual

My 2013 W204 came with this:

Space saver wheel 3.50Bx16H2 ET20, P/N 2044000302

Continental tyre T125/90 R16 98M CST 17

And it was using the standard wheel bolts that were fitted to the 16" road wheels.

My 2013 W204 came with this:

Space saver wheel 3.50Bx16H2 ET20, P/N 2044000302

Continental tyre T125/90 R16 98M CST 17

And it was using the standard wheel bolts that were fitted to the 16" road wheels.
My w204 is the sport model with 18’’ wheels

My w204 is the sport model with 18’’ wheels
Hi again had a good look around the inside of the car just incase there was a manual or space saver bolts anywhere laying around but to no avail I don’t know much about this model as I just bought it as a stop gap due to my other car being written off a few months back so hopefully someone out there with the same model of car would able to help me

Remove front wheel and replace with space saver. Screw in the alloy bolts by hand or gently with wheel brace
If they go right in try turning the wheel to check the bolts do not foul the brake caliper
Tighten with wheel brace and check rotation again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom