Space Shuttle Atlantis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Giving everyone a bit of notice- 2 weeks today will be your last chance ever to see a American space shuttle take off marking the end of an era of space exploration. The Atlantis will take off on Friday the 8th July with a crew of 4. Perhaps something for any "budding astronauts" among the children of forum members to say "I remember watching that" many years from now?

NASA - Space Shuttle

Here endeth space exploration...for ever.

The cost of getting a new programme off the ground years hence would be simply be to expensive.

Until they find oil somewhere on Mars. Expect a program sharpish with a few M1 Abrahams and US Marines on tow, just in case...

Here endeth space exploration...for ever.

The cost of getting a new programme off the ground years hence would be simply be to expensive.

The US already have a new programme under development according to the news last night.

Until they find oil somewhere on Mars. Expect a program sharpish with a few M1 Abrahams and US Marines on tow, just in case...

That always reminds me of the quote by their very own man of words : "God created war so that Americans would learn geography." :rolleyes:
— Mark Twain

Yes but who can remember Neil Armstrong stepping out on to the MOON what a day that was. Iwill never forget that day and as for the shuttle it is,was and always will be a fantastice bit of engernering. I also have had the exserience of seeing the shuttle when it was flowen over Heathrow meany years ago.

Some great pictures of the astronauts being strapped in. You get a real sense of launch preparation These guys + girl are pretty brave people.

Some great pictures of the astronauts being strapped in. You get a real sense of launch preparation These guys + girl are pretty brave people.

+1
I hope the whole mission passes uneventfully and all these good people return safely

ooh I didn't know about alternative 3

part 1/6 is on youtube

So far so good, I am still here anyway.

thanks for that.

Sorry to be a pedant but one cannot have 2 (or more) alternatives. The word is derived from the latin Altaire meaning choice of two. So one can have an alternative but not more than one such.;)

According to the Oxford English Dictionary
Some traditionalists maintain that you can only have a maximum of two alternatives, because the word alternative comes from Latin alter ‘other (of two)’) and that uses where there are more than two alternatives are wrong. Such uses are , however , normal in modern standard English.

So you're a traditionalist, rather than a pedant :)

Spectacular video of the last space shuttle landing. NASA - Multimedia - Video Gallery Unfortunately it took place at night but there's a great shot about 23 seconds in when the shuttle first hits the landing lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom