Spacers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Senna11

Car
C63S
Would like to put spacers on the car - any recommendations for size and brand would be helpful. Those of you that have them fitted - which ones did you go for? Any issue beside road rash?

H&R hubcentric spacers are the only brand I'd consider. Can be found on eBay/Autodoc and most performance outlets in the UK, possibly cheaper than from the manufacturer.

Any recommendations on widths. Don’t want overly aggressive.

You'd have to do some measurements to see what clearance you have between tyre and wheel arch to determine what size to go for.
Make sure you get spacers with 66.6mm centre hole as well as 5x112 PDC, ie Mercedes fitment.

Any issue beside road rash?
Mainly at the front, spacers mess with the geometry. In particular, the scrub radius is affected and this can result in less camber when cornering which manifests itself in poorer steering feel and less grip.

When I switched back to standard wheels from ones that stuck out 13.4mm more I noticed better steering feel and mid corner grip. This was on a 204 C63 but the principal is the same.

You may prioritise looks over performance or not even notice the difference. To me it was apparent and I prefer the better handling than looks.

Depending on where you are, I'd talk to the guys at Mallory Performance in Leicestershire. They know their stuff.

Mainly at the front, spacers mess with the geometry. In particular, the scrub radius is affected and this can result in less camber when cornering which manifests itself in poorer steering feel and less grip.

When I switched back to standard wheels from ones that stuck out 13.4mm more I noticed better steering feel and mid corner grip. This was on a 204 C63 but the principal is the same.

You may prioritise looks over performance or not even notice the difference. To me it was apparent and I prefer the better handling than looks.
That’s interesting. I’ve run spacers on previous cars and never had issues before.

I fit H&R to my CLS63 AMG:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would only use hub centric spacers and ideally only stick to

1. TPI (Taper Pro)
2. H&R
3. Bimecc

I've used CMwheels who sell spacer kits with bolts and lockers at reasonable prices.

I would only use hub centric spacers and ideally only stick to

1. TPI (Taper Pro)
2. H&R
3. Bimecc

I've used CMwheels who sell spacer kits with bolts and lockers at reasonable prices.
Cheers. Used Bimecc before and no issues so may try again. Looks like it needs more than 10mm and just trying to get a feel for thickness that others have used.

Ive fitted 10mm to the rear just helped the look of the car and no issues

Cheers. Used Bimecc before and no issues so may try again. Looks like it needs more than 10mm and just trying to get a feel for thickness that others have used.
Got some Bimecc spacers surplus to requirements, if your interested, 5mm, 10mm, 15mm, all Black, all with Black bolts, all 5x112, all 66.66 centre bore, all Hubcentric, all pretty much as new. :) 👍

I have bimtec on my w204 i think i am sure its 10mm front and 12mm rear

Got some Bimecc spacers surplus to requirements, if your interested, 5mm, 10mm, 15mm, all Black, all with Black bolts, all 5x112, all 66.66 centre bore, all Hubcentric, all pretty much as new. :) 👍
Thanks - will let you know once I have worked out sizes.

I've thought about putting spacers on my car since I bought it a few weeks ago, purely for aesthetic reasons (not sure why else you would consider aside from sitting wheels with a different offset to OEM). Ran them on my M3 CS previously and had no adverse issues with performance or handling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom