spanish keyboard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dava

Car
SLK200 R171
Any one know how to change my keyboard from eng to spanish so I can complete my spanish homework. I believe you alt ? but cant seem to work it out.
Gracis.

go to the control panel and select regions and languages to add Spanish.

You may well need your original XP disks

Andy

dava said:
Done that and it wont work, some how you can press alt and something else to do it.

Maybe the Spanish Language section has a siesta. Try later in the day. ;)

if the language is installed then left alt and left shift should change it.

in the language options panel you can enable the language bar to let you see which language is active

Andy

Link below allows you to easily type Spanish accents and other Spanish characters without a Spanish keyboard. You can edit your text in the box and then copy it to your e-mail application, word processor, etc.
Hope this helps!
http://spanish.typeit.org/

imadoofus said:
He/she did say he needs to do his/her homework... And besides, that should be ¿Gracis? ;)

FWIW, dava, if you don't have a physically Spanish keyboard, I wouldn't recommend changing the keyboard settings in Control Panel. Just use Character Map to learn how to type the characters you need using the keyboard you've got. For example, Alt+0191 (on the keypad) gives you the inverted question mark.

Last edited:
Nothing - and that's the point. We suspect dava meant to type 'gracias', which is Spanish for 'thank you'.

Sorry I should have read the post properly:eek:

I know what Gracias means as I am actually half Spanish, I m also not really with it at the moment:eek:

LastMinute said:
He did say he needs to do his homework... And besides, that should be ¿Gracis? ;)

FWIW, dava, if you don't have a physically Spanish keyboard, I wouldn't recommend changing the keyboard settings in Control Panel. Just use Character Map to learn how to type the characters you need using the keyboard you've got. For example, Alt+0191 (on the keypad) gives you the inverted question mark.
I just learning, at the moment I can order dos cervesa and for years that seemed to work for 14 nights half board, it's the grammer bit thats hard.

andy_k said:
if the language is installed then left alt and left shift should change it.

in the language options panel you can enable the language bar to let you see which language is active

Andy
This worked many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom