Spanish Scratches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merc808

Car
E220 CDi
Spanish scratches :- Just an observation. I have just returned from my annual fortnight and this year we delighted in the pleasures that Spain had to offer. My wife daughter and I were strolling back from the beach, inflatables and bucket and spade in hand when my daughter pointed out that every car we had passed so far had either a dint, scratch or damaged on it. This promoted us all to look at every car on the way back to the hotel. Sure enough every car did have a dint, scratch or damage to it. The cars ranged from old Renault 14’s to a new S class, ( the driver even folded the wing mirrors in ) Even a brand new ( Opel) Astra coupe was badly scratched. I know we in this country are often accused of road rage but these drivers must have parking rage. Then as on que, up went a garage door and an old Spanish couple jumped in to their Fiat 127. I don’t think it had ever been washed, serviced had an equivalent of an MOT or had a change of tyres since new. It turned right when the rest of the cars going down the one way street were travelling left, mounted the pavement to avoid on coming cars and then went the full length of the parked cars clipping wing mirrors and wheel arches in oblivion to what he was doing.
He only went 100 metres before he and his wife got out to buy some fruit and veg before turing round, this time going correctly with the flow of traffic and putting it back in the garage, not before clipping his own wing mirror on the door frame. We stood in amazement, No one else appeared to blink an eye.

The next morning we were on our way to the beech when a new shape English registered Discovery parked in the space oppersite the said garage. I was just about to leave a note on it to tell the driver it wasn’t a good idea to park there when he returned. I explained about the pending Fiat 127 driver and he decided to move it.

I know us British don’t always love our cars but I don’t think we are that bad that every one of us has a scratch a dint or damage. Anyone else experienced the same?

Merc808 said:
Spanish scratches :- Just an observation. I have just returned from my annual fortnight and this year we delighted in the pleasures that Spain had to offer. My wife daughter and I were strolling back from the beach, inflatables and bucket and spade in hand when my daughter pointed out that every car we had passed so far had either a dint, scratch or damaged on it. This promoted us all to look at every car on the way back to the hotel. Sure enough every car did have a dint, scratch or damage to it. The cars ranged from old Renault 14’s to a new S class, ( the driver even folded the wing mirrors in ) Even a brand new ( Opel) Astra coupe was badly scratched. I know we in this country are often accused of road rage but these drivers must have parking rage. Then as on que, up went a garage door and an old Spanish couple jumped in to their Fiat 127. I don’t think it had ever been washed, serviced had an equivalent of an MOT or had a change of tyres since new. It turned right when the rest of the cars going down the one way street were travelling left, mounted the pavement to avoid on coming cars and then went the full length of the parked cars clipping wing mirrors and wheel arches in oblivion to what he was doing.
He only went 100 metres before he and his wife got out to buy some fruit and veg before turing round, this time going correctly with the flow of traffic and putting it back in the garage, not before clipping his own wing mirror on the door frame. We stood in amazement, No one else appeared to blink an eye.

The next morning we were on our way to the beech when a new shape English registered Discovery parked in the space oppersite the said garage. I was just about to leave a note on it to tell the driver it wasn’t a good idea to park there when he returned. I explained about the pending Fiat 127 driver and he decided to move it.

I know us British don’t always love our cars but I don’t think we are that bad that every one of us has a scratch a dint or damage. Anyone else experienced the same?
Unbelieveable, you wouldn't believe people could be so thoughtless and uncaring about other peoples property.If I witnessed him doing it to mine I'd stick a knife into all his tyres. :devil:

Me and the wife were sitting in a window seat in a restaurant in Paris a few years ago watching the world go by (like you do in Paris as the food takes so long to arrive) When the parked cars in front of the window started to move forwards :confused: :confused: We looked up the street to see a car trying to park up.What we didnt realise was that most people dont bother with hand brakes as using them just creates more damage when the car is shunted out of the way.Then we walked up the Champs Elysées only to find ourselves dodging the motorcyles riding up the pavement,We felt it might be safer on the road :crazy: But didnt risk it just in case.

Watched a lady bump-park a Ferrari 308 in London recently....

:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom