Spare Key won't unlock car but will start the engine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jordan12291257

Car
Mercedes CLA
Hi All,

I couldn't decide which section was the most suitable so I have posted here.

Recently I have had to use my spare key for my car. For some reason, I am unable to unlock my car using the buttons on the key (I can obviously unlock it using the mini hard key). Also, once in the car the keyless go/stop does not work when the key is present in the car, but if I put the key in the ignition the engine starts? I have tried replacing the battery in the key but still no luck. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be?

Thanks

The batteries in the key are not needed when you put it in the slot...but obviously for keyless go and lock/unlock they are required. You've replaced the batteries and it still does not work...the RF side is fubar. You may find someone who can fix this amongst the ads online. Someone else will be along soon who may be more helpful.

Did you use a decent (Varta/Panasonic/Duracell) battery, or a nameless one. If nameless, try a decent one that is no where near the end of it's shelf life.

I used a Duracell battery brand new out the packet.
I wonder how long it had been in that packet?

Not wanting to teach granny to suck eggs etc, but something I see all the time in my day job as an AA man is people installing new fob batteries but leaving the little protective sticker on the battery. Might be worth a second look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom