Spare keys for Merc 190E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianturner

Hi I need a spare key for my Merc 190E could you please tell me how to obtain one.

Should I just take my original key along to a Merc dealer?

Do they have them off the shelf or do they cut them while you wait?

Any idea how much they cost?

many thanks

if you can help

Take it to a MB dealer. You have to prove ownership of the car (V5) and they will order you a replacement key.

Spare Key for 190E question

Any idea how much a spare 190E key costs?
is it just a fiver or will I need a second mortgage?

I just went to my local locksmith they have blank keys for Mercs, had a spare cut for the glove box too. Cost me £4 for both :rock:

My local locksmith does 190 keys, but he feels the need to charge £15 a pop. :-(

When I purchased keys for my ex 190 they cost £11 each plus Vat from my local stealership. I also had one cut by a local locksmith, wasnt very sucsessfull though, ended up buying a new lock set at £175.:(

Re: key question

Thanks to everyone who replied, I am going to give my locksmith a try but I did hear some scare stories of people charging £100 for a key!

Obviously some over exageration going on!

Re: Re: key question

Originally posted by ianturner
Thanks to everyone who replied, I am going to give my locksmith a try but I did hear some scare stories of people charging £100 for a key!

Obviously some over exageration going on!
That's gotta be rubbish, I got a new (latest type) key for my w202, took a couple of days to arrive from DE where it was coded, only cost about £35. The "blade" part took a week and was another tenner.

a 190 key will cost you £3 from mister minit or other key cutters... We used a copied key on my 123 for about 10 years until we found all the originals again...wouldnt worry too much if he does a good job cutting it..
If you want a proper original then the dealer, but they want your life history to do it...

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom