Spare part found!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jensen541

Car
C350e
Can anyone help please?
A few days ago I had my w205 c350e valeted.
A couple of days later I notice a rattle in the drivers glove pocket. I put my hand in & find this odd looking part..... it has a MB number on it.....
A2048205575
I'm making an assumption that the person cleaning the car has dislodged it from somewhere but I can see anything amiss.
A google search shows up the part & states it's an antenna amplifier? But more importantly, NOT where it goes?
I can't say I've noticed anything has stopped working, which also leaves the question, was it even from my car or did they just find it & assume it was mine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Andy.

'Centre Top Rear Panel' for the Antenna

IS IT LIKE THIS?
5676bce466dfed17e987a6ae128e2de7.jpg

Described as an antenna amplifier?
A2048205575

Sometimes if a part is quietly replaced as a factory upgrade under warranty during a service they give you the old one back [ as a sounvenir??]

I can't upload a picture right now, for some reason photobucket doesn't want to play ball.
Thank you for posting that grober. Yes, that's it.
I had a look for any loose panels & couldn't see anything.
I have no antenna on the roof as I have the panoramic glass roof.
I'm beginning to think it was put there by the valeting people thinking it was mine or as you also stated grober, as a souvenir from MB? Although the last time it went in was early February & I hadn't found it in the empty pocket up to now..... albeit they're not easy to reach into all the way back.
Either way round, it's left me a little perplexed!

Thanks for your help so far.

Regards,
Andy.

Send me your REG or VIN and I'll tell you if it was fitted

Thanks bob6600..... I can't PM you as I'm a newbie, can you drop me a pm?

Regards,
Andy.

I believe it or its replacement? is located under the rear parcel shelf - but don't quote me on that. ;)

Just had a look, nothing appears loose or removed there.
As I was half watching while the car was cleaned, I'm sure I'd of noticed any panels were removed or were falling off......
I'm totally baffled. :confused::confused::wallbash:

Please see this info from EPC

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 46
Can't generate a VIN from that REG, would need the VIN I'm afraid

Try Y3 OOD

I didn't think it would make any difference, but it might.
The original number is no longer on the car.....

Its the antenna for comms module. It should be attached to the rear shelf out of sight/accesibility under the foam between top and bottom of shelf

It shouldn't be able to drop out into car, so something odd has happened. Does your live traffic / mercedes me work?

Richard

The Mercedes me app appears to be showing all the correct information.
It's slow to update here as there is virtually no data network signal in my area.
It reports the correct location & mileage of the car etc..... details that have changed AFTER I discovered the part rolling around in the glove pocket.
Looking at the locations shown in the picture posted & from all the replies, I'm more confident that there's zero chance that this part became dislodged from somewhere inadvertently & that someone has placed it in my car by mistake or it's a souvenir part from MB.
I checked the service paperwork I received & there's nothing mentioned on there.
A rather irritating mystery. :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom