Spare Tires s205.242 and TPMS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DITTRICH

MB Enthusiast
Car
S205 C200SE & W202 C230K
I have a full sized rim and a spare tire. I know there is no space...:) but I have some long Russian and Spanish trips planned.
I have some questions:-
1 If I get a TPMS pressure sender for the spare and keep the spare in the estate boot, will it interfere with the installed sensors?
2 The 4 installed wheels have TPMS pressure senders. I assume there is a receiver in each wheel arch? Correct?
3 Does the car need to be coded to the sender ID's or will it just use whatever signal the receivers pick up?
4 How long do the sender batteries last?
And finally, has anyone ever mounted the spare tire at the back like you get bike racks that attach to tow bars?
Many thanks in advance.

Les

I have a full sized rim and a spare tire. I know there is no space...:) but I have some long Russian and Spanish trips planned.
I have some questions:-
1 If I get a TPMS pressure sender for the spare and keep the spare in the estate boot, will it interfere with the installed sensors?
2 The 4 installed wheels have TPMS pressure senders. I assume there is a receiver in each wheel arch? Correct?
3 Does the car need to be coded to the sender ID's or will it just use whatever signal the receivers pick up?
4 How long do the sender batteries last?
And finally, has anyone ever mounted the spare tire at the back like you get bike racks that attach to tow bars?
Many thanks in advance.

Les
1. No
2. Possibly in that general area.
3. No/Yes
4. I've heard 7 - 8 Years
That sounds like a great idea! There are tow-bar mounted luggage racks available. Might be worthwhile to explore those or anything similar.

Ernie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom