Spare wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

way318

Car
CLA250 Shooting Brake 4matic
Hi, picking up a CLA tomorrow but it has no spare wheel, we're can I find out what's the correct one for car and I'm assuming I'm going to need a Jack etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance it's got the compressor and goo instead? In which case it never had a spare tyre, you're supposed to add the goo and limp to the nearest tyre garage.

(Or so I understood it.)

Yes it got compressor and goo, but want to replace it with a spare wheel etc as not any good if you got a tare in the tyre or you have a blow out. Plus some garages will want you to replace the whole tyre if you get a small puncture and use the goo. Would rather have a spare in the boot.

Yes it got compressor and goo, but want to replace it with a spare wheel etc as not any good if you got a tare in the tyre or you have a blow out. Plus some garages will want you to replace the whole tyre if you get a small puncture and use the goo. Would rather have a spare in the boot.

If you can post the first part of your VIN (WDDxxxxxxxA) then I can look-up the space saver / full size spare options for you including toolkit etc.

Incidentally, the official MB full size spare option is a steel wheel.

What I have down however is purchase off eBay a second hand alloy wheel - same as my 4 alloy wheels - so my full size spare is now the same as the 4 wheels on the car.

It's probably worth checking that there's space for a full-size spare before you buy one. - Again I don't know, but it's not uncommon in other marques to only leave room for a space-saver.

It's probably worth checking that there's space for a full-size spare before you buy one. - Again I don't know, but it's not uncommon in other marques to only leave room for a space-saver.

Good point (mine obviously did).

If you can post the first part of your VIN (WDDxxxxxxxA) then I can look-up the space saver / full size spare options for you including toolkit etc.

Cheers mate, picking car up today so will post vin later.

IF you find it will accept a steel spare and IF you get one please note that it will need its own dedicated shorter bolts. This is because the standard longer ally bolts are unsuitable for use on the rear wheels because they foul the parking brake.

IF you find it will accept a steel spare and IF you get one please note that it will need its own dedicated shorter bolts. This is because the standard longer ally bolts are unsuitable for use on the rear wheels because they foul the parking brake.

Didn't know that, thanks mate

Be aware, It has just been pointed out to me a problem with my car (S213) which comes without a spare.

The boot aperture below the cover isn't actually big enough to get a spare space saver or otherwise in there.

Its worth checking.

EPC should be show what (if any) spare wheel options are available for the car.

Difficult to be precise without the VIN, but as far as I can see on EPC the X117 CLA Shooting Brake can have these:

A 246 400 26 00 - Space Saver Wheel (should be supplied with bolts if applicable)
A 164 580 02 18 - Jack
A 414 581 00 49 - Jack Ratchet
A 000 899 25 61 - Tool Bag
A 221 581 00 01 - Wheel Spanner
A 203 583 00 75 - Wheel Choke

Difficult to be precise without the VIN, but as far as I can see on EPC the X117 CLA Shooting Brake can have these:

A 246 400 26 00 - Space Saver Wheel (should be supplied with bolts if applicable)
A 164 580 02 18 - Jack
A 414 581 00 49 - Jack Ratchet
A 000 899 25 61 - Tool Bag
A 221 581 00 01 - Wheel Spanner
A 203 583 00 75 - Wheel Choke

Cheers mate, that's great.

Picked the CLA up today and over the moon with it, pity the weather wasn't any better as its not stopped raining.

I PM you the VIN

I checked in the boot today and in the box with the locking wheel nut key is some bolts, are these the correct size for the spare?

I checked in the boot today and in the box with the locking wheel nut key is some bolts, are these the correct size for the spare?

No - the locking wheels bolts are an after-market accessory fitted by the dealer once the car is in the UK.

The car comes from the factory fitted with 20 x standard bolts.

The bolts you see in the box are the standard bolts that the dealer removed from the wheels.

Where special bolts are required for the space saver wheel, the bolts will be supplied with the while in a clear plastic holder.

Not able to PM yet :doh:

WDD1178462N

Strangely EPC does not have 1178xxxx code.

The items above are showing as available for 117 CLA250 in general, but it is not clear how/where the spare wheel will be stowed... try lifting the boot mat and see if there's storage space for spare wheel underneath - I am assuming you don't actually want the spare wheel just lying around in the boot....

Sorry but what's EPC please ?:dk:

EPC = Electronic Parts Catalogue

I can see WDD1173462N CLA250, is this your car?

The option I mentioned above all apply to WDD1173462N as well.

But there does not seem to be an official steel spare wheel (full size) option for the X117 Shooting Brake, so I imagine that whatever space is available for it under the boot mat, is probably limited to space saver wheel only.

Last edited:
Sorry but what's EPC please ?:dk:

Electronic Parts Catalogue. Obtainable by subscription or by membership of the official club. Enter the VIN of your car and it gives every part it's made from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom