Spare wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Be aware, It has just been pointed out to me a problem with my car (S213) which comes without a spare.

The boot aperture below the cover isn't actually big enough to get a spare space saver or otherwise in there.

Its worth checking.

Really? I have an S212 and it carries a full size spare easily. Admittedly the plastic tray supplied with the space saver steel won't fit but there's plenty room around the ally wheel to pack my emergency bits and bobs, even including a two ton trolley jack for the caravan.

Does your 213 have the seven seat option?

Yes that's it and great, so those part numbers are the ones.

I'm ok to just have a space saver, better than havin the goo.

I've only looked under the boot floor once, when first went to look at it. I recall the compressor being there.

Will have a look properly tomorrow and post a pic

This is the area under the boot floor for the spare wheel, you can see the compressor and goo in the top right corner.

Would the trim need to come out or changed to accommodate a space saver spare wheel?

IMG_1764.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi, picking up a CLA tomorrow but it has no spare wheel, we're can I find out what's the correct one for car and I'm assuming I'm going to need a Jack etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whatever you choose to do FIRST make sure the wheel will fit in the space provided (depth) , as others here have said some (not all) 'full size' spares are the same in diameter but not as wide, so the dwell in the boot is too shallow for a 'real' full size wheel.

GM did it with Vauxhall Omega when they went to a fatter tyre on the 'Elites', not worth re tooling the whole factory body press to make the wheel well half inch deeper so they just threw in a narrower steel wheel from a lesser model.

This is the area under the boot floor for the spare wheel, you can see the compressor and goo in the top right corner.

Would the trim need to come out or changed to accommodate a space saver spare wheel?

IMG_1764.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
You would be lucky to get a bicycle wheel in that space. If you look under the car can you see a big wheel well sized bump sticking out ?

Hi, newby here . . . BoristheBounce - I have identical model to you - did you find a space saver wheel+tyre ?

Same here, but did see a few on eBay for around £160.

There will be a time when I wish I had got one and I’m stuck somewhere and that voice in my head will say ‘I told you to get one’ [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom