Spares or Repairs E55AMG W211?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From the reg I think the owner is on here or one of the Facebook MB pages, it rings a bell

I can't believe the owner would let a well looked after car go for relative peanuts as a spares or repair without knowing what the fault is.
I’ve sold cars in the past that would fit that description - sometimes you’ve just had enough and can’t be bothered to even entertain the thought of carrying it on.

Tealite blue? Nice

Yes I also noticed the location, i live in London so it would be quite a drive!
I was thinking to get it recovered? I wonder how much that would cost?
It's a (circa) 500 mile round trip , a one off pick up ? I can't see much change from £400. If lobbed on a transporter that just happened to be coming to London from St Austell ?? Anyone's guess ££ The seller clearly knows that it is likely to go pop if the buyer drives it away.

Head gasket failed. Assume you need a replacement engine and be done. Probably not worth the effort given that it's already at 4000 GBP.

I think it's best as you say I just keep looking for a designo model and hopefully one day I'll find the right E55AMG ( for me )

Bear in mind, as clk320x states being Tealite Blue, it's the same colour as the one you replied with on another thread:

Quite a rare colour on an E55AMG that but not the colour i'm looking for

From the reg I think the owner is on here or one of the Facebook MB pages, it rings a bell

Does me too but not seen it for a few years.

Gearbox? No gas in header tank no external leak, could be the radiator leaking coolant into atf hence the recon gearbox.

I messaged the seller and was going to bid as it sounds very much like a radiator issue which took out the gearbox

but it had to be cheap enough to warranty head gasket and recovery. At the current price, it wouldn’t be worth the punt over car without a coolant leak.

I'd also go with the coolant in ATF issue, hence the gearbox and rad being changed, probably with a like for like so he has sorted the symptoms temporarily and not the issue! It's already at top money for the condition it's in. If you are able to undertake all of the work yourself (incl possible head gasket and/or engine/gearbox change) then it's worth the gamble. If you have to pay someone to do it, leave it.

Thank you for the suggestions everyone. I don't have any experience with the e55amg and don't want to just buy one because it's not a usual colour, then spend a lot of money just to get it running.

As it's been said, it has already gone up too much as it could be a big bill to sort it.

I started my S600 up today after being parked for over a month and thought, why would I need to get a different merc, this has everything you'd want and more but I'm sure tomorrow I'll start looking again for an E55!

Tell us more...

I take it it's better to stay way from this car?

Your hunt for a designo E55 should be for a stock car. That way, when repairs do pop up you will know it’s for wear and tear and not because it has been modified.

Your hunt for a designo E55 should be for a stock car. That way, when repairs do pop up you will know it’s for wear and tear and not because it has been modified.

Ideally that's what I want. An original E55 and that way everything that will get done to the car I'd know how well it's been done but I think 5 years later I'd still be looking for one:D

It's being sold by a trader, masquerading as a private seller. The trader knows what's wrong with it; it's not just a head gasket, but nothing a replacement or rebuilt engine won't cure... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom