Spark Plug change on a C55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

terrymcg

Car
W164 ML 320CDI
I am going to get the plugs chenged on my C55 and I am debating if I should do it myself or not. Normally on any other car I would, however on closer inspection it looks like it may be tricky on this one!

Has anyone done it them selves before? Is it a lot easier looking one the engine cover etc is off? Or is access a complete pain?

i done mine myself, a few hours work, just take your time and have the right tools and its fairly straigt forward

I'd change the HT leads on the way as well and use OEM parts!

MB did mine part of the B service but only because i'm useless when it comes to these sorts of things.:eek:

if you do the HT leads then get bosch ones from a parts supplier rather than via MB, 1/4 of the price

Alps said:
if you do the HT leads then get bosch ones from a parts supplier rather than via MB, 1/4 of the price

Who online sells these as ECP etc don't list them.

go to the bosch webpage, find a few local suppliers, ring them all and then go for the cheapest! prices varied ALOT from supplier to supplier so ring around, normally they will have to get back to you with a price as they wont be a stock item and will need to be ordered in.

I am going to get the plugs chenged on my C55 and I am debating if I should do it myself or not. Normally on any other car I would, however on closer inspection it looks like it may be tricky on this one!

Has anyone done it them selves before? Is it a lot easier looking one the engine cover etc is off? Or is access a complete pain?

Remember you will need 16 of them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom