Spark Plug Gapping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SLK32AMG

Car
SLK32 AMG
Hi, Purhased 12 new NGK IFR6D10 plugs for my SLK32 and hopefully going to fit them tomz. Went to check the gaps on the plugs but i'm dammed if i can find what the gap should be in owners manual. I know they suposed to come preset but would like to check prior to fitting them. Also is there a gapping tool for these type of plugs as the tips look very breakable.

If someone could tell me the gap in metric and imp or where to locate correct gap that would be great, Dont want to spend a few hours fitting them just fo find one of them creating a misfire due to wrong gap.

Cheers

Yes i seen that site but still would like to check them, If i cannot get gap from anyone here by end of play today i will just check they are all the same gap at least that will confirm one has not been dropped whilst packing and gap closed up.

Noooooo!!

You must NOT try and gap these plugs, they are Preset to the manufacturers setting.
They have a fine centre electrode, any attempt to regap Will damage the electrode.

Noooooo!!

You must NOT try and gap these plugs, they are Preset to the manufacturers setting.
They have a fine centre electrode, any attempt to regap Will damage the electrode.

Yes i figered that thats why i asked if there was a special tool, I'm just gonna check they are all the same just to clarify none of them have been dropped or knocked.

Thanks for info

Well started at 6 am this morning and got the plugs fitted and i can honestly say i am glad its only every 4 years they need changing, a very fidley job but took my time and all done and she fired up first time so job well done with a saving of £100 labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom