Spark Plugs - anything to watch out for Unipart/Bosch? 230k CLK 1999 Face-lift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossyl

Car
CLK 230K W208 Coupe (1999)(Auto)
Hi,

A mate has bought a very similar car to mine and is looking to do a DIY service. He's unsure about spark plugs, and has said there's conflicting stuff on the internet about what ones to use, and also what brand.

He's found decent deals with Bosch and Unipart apparently, but is wondering if there's a specific type he should use (a mercedes standard) or if he can use any that say they will work (apparently there's a couple of part no's from each brand)?

Also, are Unipart sparks all right?

Cheers guys,
R

MB List Bosch F7KTCR (A0031587803) or Beru 14 FGH-7 (A0031587303)

I try to use Bosch or Beru wherever I can... Although some swear by NGK, especially for older models.

Any thoughts on Unipart from anyone?

Cheers for the Bosch number - that helps

Will have a think about NGK - don't suppose, you've a part number of what you use and seems to work?

rossyl, speak to brabusK8 armed with your chassis number, he will be able to get you a great price on genuine mb ones!

I just mentioned it, but he's doing the service this Saturday so I doubt he could get them in time.

Just get Bosch or Beru from Euro, they are a £1-2 each! Genuine MB ones are exactly the same, they just come in MB boxes... most ive used dont even have the MB logo on the plug anymore, they are exactly what you get aftermarket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom