Spark Plugs but which

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SLK32AMG

Car
SLK32 AMG
My car will be due a service soon and the plugs will need to be changed due to 4 years,

I have decided to supply my own oil and plugs but went onto Eurocarparts to source some and there are 5 to choose from as per link ranging from £8 ea to £16, now is that due to quality or what, as i need 12 £16 a pop is expensive.

My car has had new SC Pulley and Eurocharged map and SL55 intakes so want to get a good quality

Any recomendations on the plugs listed in the link or does anyone know the stock plug.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/sparkplug

Also just to save £100 on labour are the plugs easy to change as they look a bit tricky to get to.

I'm presuming your engine is m112.960? if thats the case Bosch or NGK is what id suggest.

The NGK part number is IFR6D10 stock code (5344) they are iridium ie long life plugs.

Give euros or another local factor the above part numbers and they should be able to sort them out for you.

http://www.ngkpartfinder.co.uk/car_...=MERCEDES%20BENZ&model=SLK32%20AMG&engine=3.2

Last edited:
Personally I would get them from the main dealer parts counter - they can be surprisingly competitive, especially if you ask for a discount.

Often tuners recommend a "cooler" plug, try the NGK or Sparkplugs.co.uk websites - there used to be a catalogue in which you could look up your car, and it would provide the part number for standard and cooler Sparkplugs.

Last edited:
Hi i've just bought a clk 320 and will be diong a plug change as it has 86k on it.To change the plugs you have to raise the engine so i'm using bosch do it right 1st time and don't skimp is my moto

Hi i've just bought a clk 320 and will be diong a plug change as it has 86k on it.To change the plugs you have to raise the engine so i'm using bosch do it right 1st time and don't skimp is my moto

There have been a few posts recently about Bosch plugs not being gapped properly from the factory and causing problems. Apparently production location has moved and quality is not what it used to be.

I've never had any problems with Bosch, but would probably go with Beru or NGK given a choice.

Slightly off topic but on an SLR plug changes require the engine to be dropped.

Thanks for all Info Guys Think i will buy the NGK and give changing them a go.

i would go for the best ones you can afford. they are a pain to change on the v6 but not impossible. cheers, tony.

Well all done but what a fidley job glad its only every 4 years, car runs great and £100 saved in labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom