Spark plugs for C320 V6 M112

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
I have searched the site but cannot find any specific answers as to the recommended plug type for the M112 engine, Bosch, Denso, Beru and NGK all list "suitable" plugs sometimes with two different versions for each brand.

Any recommendations and do the coil packs need to be removed when changing?

DSM10000 said:
I have searched the site but cannot find any specific answers as to the recommended plug type for the M112 engine, Bosch, Denso, Beru and NGK all list "suitable" plugs sometimes with two different versions for each brand. Any recommendations and do the coil packs need to be removed when changing? Thanks :thumb:
i there's no need to remove the coils but the rear plugs they are a bit tricky to do because the ht leads are normally very tight carful when you pull them to not break !:)

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I always remove the leads and coil packs complete so there out the way, pretty sure oe plugs are bosch.

There is a tool on eBay for removing plug leads which works very well.

I was going to try and find what I asked Pat in the how much is this...ECP thread, but I can't find any posts from me in that thread, even though I distinctly remember asking him, as I seem to recall now he gave me NGK codes that did not come up with a standard reg plate search on their site.

Makes me wonder now if I ever had the plugs changed.

Last edited:
just found them:

12 x 408773280
NGK Spark Plug

They are currently £6.72 but I paid £70.08 all up with the MBClub discount.

I should add I had intended on doing the change myself, but after reading about the special gooseneck plug removal tool that was needed, and it just overall sounded like a faff, I got my indie to do it, and I am glad I did. He said it was a bit of a mission, some of the plugs were quite ensconced in their little holes, and he had to spray penetrating fluid on them and then carry on with another job whilst it did its magic. One he thought he was going to break whilst slowly teasing it out. In the end cost me £70 labour, though he reckons he spent well over 2, even close to 3 hours, on the job. So all in £140 for the plugs I was quite pleased with, especially after seeing some of the prices MB charge on here.

Last edited:
I replaced mine with part number MA004 159 19 03 26 Platinum Iridium spark plugs from the agents. Can't remember the brand, probly Bosch. Although the old (original) ones looked like a normal spark plug with a single electrode, these have the multi-pointed electrodes.

Replaced them myself (112 911 engine, 240E) , no hassle, normal tools but I removed the coil packs.

Mercedes have largely abandoned the multi electrode plugs in favour of the fine tip platinum iridium type. They eliminate low speed misfire often found in the Kompressor cars because they stay cleaner- they require a lower voltage to fire. The recommended plug is BKR5EIX-11 which should last 40k+ miles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom